I’ll tell you this — we haven’t yet run ouf of spring style tips here on the blog. No, sir. Today, we turn to tried-and-true, much-loved brands like Taylor Stitch — and the Taylor Stitch Long Haul Jacket — to get you outfitted the right way for your next casual spring outing. I’m not talking about a post-work outing, but rather … a rare day all to yourself. Maybe spent shopping at an outdoor market, enjoying a long brunch, sipping on some afternoon beers at your favorite brewery … all those pursuits that seemed to go away for a while during the winter. This is the gear to wear to do, well, whatever you want (within reason — nobody’s hopping on a cross-country flight with just a few hours’ notice, are they? Are you?). At any rate, you’ll be able to pick out gear from essential men’s style brands you know and love. In addition to the rugged-yet-not-too-heavy Taylor Stitch Long Haul Jacket, we’ve also got the perfect spring T-shirt, a pair of slim black denim, and some classic high-top sneakers, all geared to help you look polished and put-together — yet casually cool. That’s what spring is all about, right? To get the full look, keep scrolling. And to see how I’m dressing for spring, you can always head to my Instagram. Cheers!
- The Jacket: Taylor Stitch Long Haul Jacket in Beach Cloth, $228 — We’re assuming it’s going to be breezy out there, and the Taylor Stitch Long Haul Jacket has been uniquely revamped here for the season — use it as the centerpiece of this #OOTD. Quite possibly spring’s perfect jacket.
- The Classic Tee: Flint and Tinder Heavyweight Slub Tee, $38 — You can really never fail with one of the best men’s T-shirts on the market (new from F&T), especially if you want to keep things quite casual.
- The Slim Denim: Levi’s Made & Crafted 511 Slim Fit, $168 — A great pair of slim black jeans might be the key to nailing an off-duty fit — the Levi’s 511 Jeans are very, very tough to top.
- The Sneakers: Colchester High Top Sneakers, $79.98 — Leave your dress shoes — and yes, even your rugged leather boots — at home, because these stylish high-top sneakers could become a new spring favorite.
- The Stylish Leather Watch: Martenero Ace Watch, $595 — At once bold and subtle, this seriously cool watch from Martenero complements the rest of this #OOTD nicely.
- The Belt: Line of Trade Veg-Tanned Leather Belt, $65 — Don’t get too fussy here — don’t worry about matching your new favorite leather watch and your belt precisely, leave the dress belt at home, and reach for this stylish casual belt instead.
- The Everyday Carry: Bexar Goods Co. Vertical Card Wallet, $99.98 — A handsome, stylish leather wallet you’ll want to bring with you everywhere.
- The Spring Essential: Duke Cannon News Anchor Grooming Tonic, $15 — For a slick, sharp, cool ‘do, this grooming tonic gives you what you need with just a bit of that “devil-may-care” edge for spring and summer.
When you’ve got the time and opportunity to customize a spring weekend day to your liking — a rarity, but they do happen — your ensemble should reflect that. So, for taking on spring breezes and giving you the space to layer up in a way that’s cool — not stuffy — the Taylor Stitch Long Haul Jacket is precisely the way to go. Heck, all those pockets mean this could be the one jacket to wear for a spring weekend (Think: Space for your phone charger AND keys!). It’ll also team nicely with the Flint and Tinder Heavy Slub Tee, again one of the best men’s T-shirts out there. And along with that, there’s long been no pair of jeans better suited for casual-yet-sharp style than the Levi’s 511 Jeans — just what the doctor ordered for looking cool and yet put-together. The same can be said for your footwear selection: It’s tough to go wrong with a pair of stylish high-top sneakers, all the better for keeping you comfortable and on-trend. We’re accessorizing here with an insanely rugged Martenero timepiece, helped along by a stylish casual belt — again, worry not about matching these two. Last but certainly not least, an outfit this excellent (in my opinion) calls for a stylish leather wallet that you should feel proud reaching for when out to dinner or drinks — and you should be proud of the way your hair looks, too. In that case, you can’t go wrong with Duke Cannon Grooming Tonic. To me, this outfit has it all — what do you think? And where will it take you this spring?