- The Polo Shirt: Proof 72-Hour Merino Polo, $78 — Think of the classic navy polo, and then think of a merino polo that’s made to wear for travel and a day at the office, all thanks to its breathability and performance.
- The Jacket: Levi’s Trucker Jacket, $89.50 — Want to switch it up from your typical blazer or spring windbreaker? A rugged trucker jacket from Levi’s — in a spring-friendly light wash — is the way to go. Perfect for lightweight layering.
- The Chinos: Flint and Tinder Cool Chinos, $98 — Shake off the overly preppy connotations of the polo-chinos combo by reaching for these slim chinos from our pals at Flint and Tinder.
- The Sneakers: Vulcanizer Canvas Slip-Ons, $125 — Another way to shake up this outfit? Throw in some stylish slip-on sneakers that you can slide right on (use this foot powder from Duke Cannon before and after).
- The Watch: Uniform Wares Rose Gold Dress Watch, $700 — Am I recommending you splurge on this stylish leather watch? I am, precisely because Uniform Wares has succeeded in making one that’s both casual and sharp — like this #OOTD.
- The Sunglasses: Garrett Leight Co. Brooks 47, $340 — In keeping the whole theme of “casual-cool” going, reach for these Garrett Leight sunglasses, probably some of the sharpest on the market.
- The Pomade: O’Doud’s Standard Pomade, $12.98 — Because this is the type of outfit that can pull double-duty at the office and on the weekend, reach for some of the best men’s pomade to complement the sharp styling accordingly.
- The Grooming Essential: Ursa Major Daily Force Field SPF, $54 — Among men’s grooming tips you can’t go without, using a daily moisturizer or sunscreen like Ursa Major’s Daily Force Field is seriously underrated (but critical).
So, what’s the verdict on this #OOTD? Where would you wear it? And do you think all the parts work together quite as nicely as I do? The idea of taking something as simple as a merino polo is only amplified by the equally versatile pieces with which you pair it.. Add a rugged trucker jacket from Levi’s, as we’ve done here, and you’re good to go to the office or the bar (swap in a blazer if you feel so inclined). On that same note, slim chinos in a unique shade of Rust shake off the preppy vibes one gets from a polo and chinos typically. You’re also getting unique style and plenty of comfort from stylish slip-on sneakers — another change of pace from leather loafers or brown brogues . But remember: Don’t forget to use this foot powder from Duke Cannon before and after. The beauty of a go-anywhere ensemble like this one has to be the fact that a stylish leather watch can dress it up as you please — the Uniform Wares watch showcased above is seriously sharp and office-ready, should your day require it. Particularly if you find yourself hanging out on a rooftop patio for hours on end, you’re going to need the Garrett Leight sunglasses seen above, and you’re particularly going to be thankful you used Ursa Major’s Daily Force Field before heading out the door. The last step in this equation? Nailing the perfect haircut with some of the best men’s pomade your money can buy. Do you feel ready to take on spring and summer yet? One can only hope.