Quick, what’s the most classic piece of outerwear you can think of? If it doesn’t come to mind right away, perhaps a Schott NYC leather jacket isn’t very far down your list — and it’s the rugged jacket that’ll serve as the centerpiece of today’s #OOTD, to boot. The right leather jacket can serve as more than a thin outer layer — it can add some serious durability, toughness and sleek style to any fall-centric look or occasion (especially if that occasion involves a rock concert or a weekend whiskey bar outing). So, we’ll kick things off with one of the best leather jackets you can possibly buy, and we’ll layer it up with all the right fall style essentials you can possibly shake a stick at. As you’ll see, a rugged flannel shirt adds a bit of grunge-inspired style (sorry, had to go there!), while an organic cotton henley adds even more warmth and fall-ready durability. Naturally, if you’re going for edgy and rock-inspired style, you could do worse than stepping out in some black Chelsea boots. The key thing to keep in mind is that you’re going to get a ton of use out of this investment-worthy leather jacket, and that makes it a reliable option even on a work day aside from this #OOTD (yes, paired with a white Oxford shirt and slim back chinos). With all of that being said, I’ll leave you to check out the rest of this fall-ready ensemble.
- The Leather Jacket: Schott NYC Lightweight Motorcycle Jacket, $750 — Fall is a surprisingly great time to wear one of the best leather jackets on the planet — go figure! This Schott NYC leather jacket is an investment-worthy icon.
- The Flannel Shirt: Knowledge Cotton Checked Flannel Shirt, $145 — Pairing up a rugged flannel shirt with a classic leather jacket is a timeless style move for fall — get this perfect flannel shirt to get started.
- The Henley: Flint and Tinder Organic Slub Henley, $62 — Keep things simple, subtly stylish and rugged with this organic cotton henley from Flint and Tinder — ideal for a fall night out.
- The Denim: Flint and Tinder Defender Denim (Slim Fit), $138 — Slim dark blue jeans are a highly effective, classic pairing with one of the best leather jackets for early fall — no questions asked. And this pair of raw denim only gets better with age.
- The Watch: Lum-Tec M82 Automatic Watch, $875 — A tough leather watch is the only way to go with the rest of this outfit’s gear picks. Lum-Tec comes through in the clutch, no doubt about it.
- The Boots: Red Wing Heritage Weekender Chelsea Boots, $240 — Is it a no-brainer to wear tough black Chelsea boots from Red Wing Heritage with a rugged flannel shirt and a classic leather jacket? Yes, perhaps. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do it.
- The Socks: Burlix Moving Mid-Calf Socks, $15 — Your search for the best men’s socks might just be over. I’ve had the pleasure of testing Burlix socks over these past few weeks, and they provide plenty of comfort & shock absorption with rugged boots.
- The Grooming Essentials: Living KOA Full Grooming Set, $79 — If you’re investing in the best when it comes to your classic leather jacket and slim denim, you might as well invest in your skincare on all fronts. The Full Grooming Set shown here makes it very easy to do that.
As one would expect, the difference here is in the details — and namely, the difference comes right at the start of this rugged fall ensemble, led off by one of the best leather jackets in the world. Yes, the world! It’s the perfect foil to perhaps the perfect flannel shirt, blending edgy and classic style seamlessly. From the brewery to a rock concert to the dive bar, this look has you covered. Heck, when you pair things up with an organic cotton henley from Flint and Tinder, you’ve got prime fall style on lock — and we haven’t even talked about the inky blue, raw denim you’re going to be wearing to complement this look. And to that end, you’d do well to step out in equally fitting black Chelsea boots from Red Wing Heritage— together, this combination has roots in the past and yet, remains perfectly modern at the same time. All of this is to say, you’ve unlocked unbeatable weekend style now. And while you might not think of a tough leather watch as being essential to this outfit, rest assured that it is (the difference lies in the details, after all). And on that front, Lum-Tec has you covered. Of course, a great fall #OOTD is nothing without grooming essentials to keep your skin sharp — and the best men’s socks on the market offer plenty of comfort when worn with tough Red Wing Heritage boots. It all comes together quite nicely, wouldn’t you say? No doubt about it. Good luck out there, folks — cheers!