OK, so you might think you’ve got it all figured out when it comes to wearing your favorite pair of dark blue denim. In fact, the right pair of slim blue jeans are a certified menswear classic (especially a pair from Mott and Bow as seen in today’s #OOTD), but there’s plenty that you can do to switch up how to wear jeans this fall. How is that possible? Bear with me here. As you very well know from perusing the pages of this very Web site, classic blue jeans are like the Swiss Army Knife of pants, able to be worn in ways both business casual and entirely laidback. Today’s #OOTD harnesses a bit of both, starting with ever-so-slightly faded Mott and Bow denim (apt for the weekend or a casual work week) and carrying on through to the gear they’re being paired with — as you’ll see, a classic Western shirt and a refined suede jacket do some heavy lifting when it comes to switching up things from the routine. In short, it’s touches like those that can elevate your favorite pair of blue denim from good to great, from the weekend back to the office and beyond. Seems to be good to be true? You haven’t seen anything quite yet.
Classic blue Mott & Bow denim to go along with seriously stylish seasonal essentials.
- The Slim Blue Jeans: Mott and Bow Crosby Denim, $108 — Yes indeed, we’ll start things off with some of the best men’s blue jeans out there, plain and simple. The Mott and Bow Crosby Denim feature a slightly faded wash for when you want jeans to wear to the office or on a weekend.
- The Jacket: Todd Snyder Dylan Suede Snap Jacket, $995 — So, we’re forking over a bit more cash to invest in a new fall style essential — this Todd Snyder jacket is one of the best men’s jackets for the season, and it’ll stay that way for years. Rugged and yet stylish enough for a casual fall Friday & plenty of weekend wear.
- The Shirt: Billy Reid Western Snap-Front Shirt, $225 — Is this Billy Reid shirt expensive? Yes. Is it a classic Western shirt done in an upgraded, visually interesting manner? Also, yes. Perfect when you want to switch up your typical shirting rotation.
- The Classic Desert Boots: Rhodes Footwear Dylan Chukka Boots, $165 — Expect nothing less than the best when it comes to classic desert boots as sold by Huckberry. These are the perfect casual leather boots for any day of the week.
- The Watch: VAER Watches Heritage Watch, $209 — With an #OOTD like this one, your accessories need to stay on-point. Enter this rugged leather watch from VAER Watches, easily.
- The Belt: Taylor Stitch Stitched Belt in Whiskey Eagle, $88 — Surprisingly, the right leather belt can make all the difference — and unsurprisingly, the Taylor Stitch Stitched Belt is one of the best on the market.
- The Socks: Hill City Performance Socks, $14 — To complement this ensemble, reach for richly crafted, comfortable, performance-minded socks from Hill City — made to help you stay cool on your feet all day long.
- The Everyday Carry: Filson Ballistic Nylon Dryden Briefcase, $175 — Whether it’s a trek to the office you’ve got in mind, or a trek to your favorite coffee shop, the Filson Dryden Briefcase can make all the difference in hauling your everyday carry essentials.
Although at first they might seem pedestrian or too casual, there’s actually a lot that you can do to make the best men’s blue jeans work for you in a way that’s upgraded and seriously stylish — take this ensemble, for starters. The reason this look works so well for everything from casual Friday to a first date to a brewery visit? It all starts with slim blue jeans that are worth investing a little extra — gone are baggy or bootcut jeans, naturally. And we’re not just throwing on any old shirt, either — the truly excellent Billy Reid shirt shown above is stylish, rugged and exceptionally versatile. Match it up with one of the best men’s jackets this writer has ever seen (a stylish and refined Todd Snyder trucker jacket), and you’ve got the makings of a look that’s made to impress, whether at the office or on the road. Things only get better when you look at the rest of these gear picks, from the dependable Filson Dryden Briefcase for your everyday carry right on through to the Taylor Stitch Stitched Belt
— when you take care of the small details, the bigger details (like your classic desert boots) tend to take care of themselves. Accent everything with an office or date-ready rugged leather watch, then top it off with subtly stylish Hill City socks, and you’ve got your new favorite #OOTD for the work week or the weekend. Don’t believe me? Give it a try yourself.