The best winter style ensembles are filled with versatility and dependability (at least, in my humble opinion). So, whether you want to know how to dress for a winter weekend or how to dress for the office right now, there’s a good chance you’ll actually find some overlap between each of those looks — that’s where pieces like the classic Oxford shirt (the subject of today’s #OOTD) come into play. We aren’t just talking about any bargain-bin shirt, however — we’re talking about one of the best Oxford shirts, featuring stretch and a subtle pattern from Faherty Brand (more on that shortly, though). The humble Oxford shirt, with its sporting roots across the pond, is now a menswear staple that you can dress up or down, at the office or at home … and yes, out on the town, too. It’s fitting that the rest of today’s gear picks act in a similarly versatile manner, from the rugged field jacket as an outer layer, right through to one of the best men’s wool blazers. As it were, this is the ideal kind of look to take you through the rest of winter, seeing as it’s unique and fresh, but not too wild (we’re leaving the printed outerwear and bold shirting at home this time, folks). You can also, of course, mix-and-match this outfit as you please, seeing as your Faherty Brand Oxford shirt can reliably be worn on its own or underneath your favorite shawl cardigan. Before you go anywhere though, you need the right gear — here’s the look to shop now.
- The Oxford Shirt: Faherty Brand Stretch Oxford Shirt, $128 — Invest in one of the best Oxford shirts with this fine number from Faherty Brand, featuring a tailored fit and welcome stretch fabric. It’s polished enough for the office or off-duty pursuits.
- The Blazer: Flint and Tinder Wayfarer Wool Blazer, $298 — Often, wearing your Oxford shirt the right way comes down to what you pair it with — and be it date night or a day on the grind at the office, one of the best men’s wool blazers (featuring a tailored cut from Flint and Tinder) is the perfect move.
- The Jacket: Billy Reid Quilted Field Jacket, $495 — Think we’ve made it through the worst of winter? Think again. You need a rugged field jacket ASAP, and you need the Billy Reid Quilted Field Jacket, more importantly.
- The Chinos: Mott and Bow Charles Slim Twill Chinos, $125 — As we so often say, it shouldn’t surprise you now that the makers of your favorite denim are now branching out into categories like your new favorite chinos — these slim twill chinos are business casual-approved and off-duty ready.
- The Boots: Rhodes Footwear Dean Boots, $228 — Yes, you can wear rugged leather boots to the office or out on a date — especially when they’re the sleek, Huckberry-approved Rhodes Dean Boots (available for an agreeabl price and offering plenty of functionality).
- The Grooming Essentials: Duke Cannon Cold-Weather Defense Kit, $30 — Dry skin and dry hands are the scourge of many a winter outing — not so with these winter grooming essentials from Duke Cannon, guaranteed to hydrate your face and hands in no time.
- The Everyday Carry: Bellroy Tokyo Tote Bag, $179 — The Bellroy Tokyo Tote Bag isn’t so much a tote bag or a backpack as it is one of the best everyday carry essentials for all that gear you need to have on hand. It’s also unassuming and subtly stylish — perfect for getting around efficiently.
If it wasn’t abundantly clear already, Faherty Brand sure can deliver when it comes to crafting a standout Oxford shirt — again, one that you can wear to the office or out for a refined, polished evening on the town. The key here comes from your supporting cast, including one of the best men’s wool blazers to really drive home that sharp, tailored finish. Naturally, for exploring a new city in blustery weather, the Billy Reid Quilted Field Jacket is going to do some serious damage in terms of durability and style, and it’s all going to come together even more nicely with your new favorite chinos — delivered by Mott and Bow, they’ll provide a reliable fit, quality fabric and standout style. It surely wouldn’t be an #OOTD without rugged leather boots that actually offer some crisp, dressy appeal, and such is the case with the Rhodes Dean Boots. Accessorizing the right way is also something you shouldn’t overlook, and for a watch that’s going to stand out at the office and on a date night, invest in a timepiece from Carpenter Watches for maximum style points. Your skin stays fresh and hyrdated with winter grooming essentials from Duke Cannon as we get to the end of this ensemble, and you’re carrying around your EDC with the Bellroy Tokyo Tote Bag to top it all off. Have other questions as to what to wear one of the best Oxford shirts with? Let me know on Twitter. Thanks for reading!