Is there anything better than welcoming a new season with the best men’s style essentials? The type of pieces you’re going to look forward to wearing all summer long? No, sir. Now, things are still very different for most of us out there, what with plenty of time at home in the rearview mirror — and on the horizon — but as has been the adage as of late, that’s no excuse not to look and feel your best these days. Hence, the rugged men’s gear I’m recommending today, even if you’re only going as far as your yard or back porch. On that note, we’re starting off this #OOTD with a crucial piece that should assuredly be in your summer style rotation — the rugged short-sleeve henley shown below is soft, breezy, easy to wear, and of course, easy to layer. It’ll keep you cool when you need it, and it wears stylishly underneath other layers when needed, too. Again, you might just have your feet kicked up on your back porch, but you can still make use of your favorite summer gear, including a tough trucker jacket, slim vintage-style black denim and one of the best men’s casual watches (among other men’s style essentials, of course). Be it spending time with the family, unwinding after a long day at the (home) office or planning out a special at-home date night, I’m sure you’re going to find plenty of reason to rock the below layers accordingly all summer long. And when the time comes to return to your favorite summer activities (brewery visits and park strolls among them, I’d assume!), then one of the best men’s henleys is going to be your new go-to style move. Read on for the full ensemble below, then chime in on Twitter if you’re a fan.
- The Short-Sleeve Henley: Buck Mason Pima Short-Sleeve Curved Hem Henley, $48 — The right spring #OOTD starts with one of the best men’s henleys, and more specifically, a rugged short-sleeve henley in a tough-yet-breezy fabric. Wear it on its own or layer up accordingly. Like the below …
- The Jacket: Knickerbocker Trucker Jacket, $177.98 — A tough trucker jacket can actually be a nice antidote to unexpectedly chilly spring and summer days & nights — Knickerbocker just so happens to make one of the coolest lightweight jackets in that regard.
- The Denim: Flint and Tinder Vintage Overdye Jeans, $128 — Yes, just because you’re spending more time at home than usual doesn’t mean you can’t wear some slim stretch jeans — as to be expected, Flint and Tinder has come through here with some of the best men’s jeans (in a nicely dyed shade of black) on the market.
- The Stylish Slip-Ons: SeaVees Huntington Middie, $108 — Listen, your choice of at-home footwear is exactly that: Your choice. But if you want to give yourself comfort, freedom of movement and casual style that you can wear outside the home when the time comes, go with the SeaVees Huntington Middie.
- The Belt: Beltology Litmus Leather Belt, $75.98 — Now, not every guy is going to want to put on a belt these days — but if you want to really switch things up from sweats or joggers, a stylish leather belt like this one from Litmus is the way to go.
- The Watch: Timex Navi XL, $155 — Just as with the rest of these rugged gear picks, we’re not overdoing it on the accessories front — but, one of the best men’s casual watches seems to be a proper move to stay on time during happy hour, yes? Agreed.
- The At-Home Essential: Stanley Classic Vacuum Growler, $55 — Picture this: It’s a breezy summer night. You’ve got your feet kicked up and your favorite tunes playing (more on that in a moment). You realize your pint glass is empty … best refill it with this classic growler from Stanley, right?
- The Audio Essential: Tivoli Audio Music System Home, $749 — Yes indeed, for listening to your favorite music at home with ease, quality of sound and supreme style, go with the Tivoli Audio Music System Home — it’s assuredly one of the best home audio upgrades you can make right now.
Oftentimes, the right way to start a summer style ensemble begins with a simple classic — in this case, it’s a rugged short-sleeve henley that’s high-quality in terms of its construction and fit. No matter where you’re going (or rather, not going), I guarantee you can find use for this breezy henley from Buck Mason. It’s going to wear very nicely indeed with one of the coolest lightweight jackets for summer, especially on those unexpectedly chilly summer nights. And when you pair both those pieces with some slim stretch jeans for comfort and style, you’ve got an at-home or weekend-ready look that goes further on the style front than sweatpants or joggers. It seems that upgraded at-home footwear is all the rage these days, and that’s also where going just a bit further can actually pay dividends — the SeaVees Huntington Middie blends style and comfort, while wearing like actual sneakers rather than slippers. Because staying on time is still crucial (especially if you’re manning the grill), wearing one of the best men’s casual watches will give you a sense of time, order and style. Naturally, you can do it all while sipping on your favorite beverage via your classic growler from Stanley. To top it all off and round out your evening in refined style, why not fire up the Tivoli Audio Music System Home to play some of your favorite summer tunes? When taken altogether, this #OOTD is going to work for right now and for when the time comes to get back to your routine. Sounds pretty good, right? Yes, indeed. Thanks for reading!