Mark my words: The right #OOTD doesn’t happen overnight, nor does it simply spring from your closet, fully formed and ready to be worn to your (home) office and out on (socially distanced) spring adventures. No sir, the right #OOTD requires careful planning, foresight and an eye toward buying up the best spring style essentials right here and now (unless, of course, you’re already in possession of a few of these seasonal style picks below). And if you feel like your spring style has some catching up to do, you’re in luck — we’re telling you all about how to wear a polo today in a way that’s fresh, modern and certainly versatile enough for a Zoom happy hour. It really starts, as one would expect, with a stylish spring polo made with fabric that’s breathable and anti-microbial. As you’ll see, the look gets a shot in the arm with a durable workwear jacket that doubles as a blazer or as the perfect casual jacket (it’s all up to you). Gone are the days when your polo was paired up with baggy pleated chinos (although we’ve all been there) — instead, you’ll find slim five-pocket pants (also available in a Straight fit via Huckberry), and of course, sleek leather slip-ons to nod to the spring weather. When you can wear a polo in a manner that’s just as laidback and cool as your favorite T-shirt or classic chambray shirt, that’s very good news indeed. That’s why we’re here, and that’s why I hope you check out the rest of this look below (keep scrolling!). To see how I’m getting dressed this season, head to my Instagram.
- The Polo: Proof 72-Hour Merino Polo, $88 — The right spring #OOTD starts with one of the best men’s polos, and it doesn’t hurt if that stylish spring polo happens to be available at Huckberry and made with wearable, breathable merino fabric.
- The Jacket: Hansen Laust Jacket, $320 — Think of this durable workwear jacket as a neat hybrid between a navy cotton blazer and a classic denim jacket. It’s an updated chore coat you can wear on breezy days, and readily with a stylish spring polo, at that.
- The Pants: Flint and Tinder 365 Pants, $98 — Cut like chinos and featuring the wearability of slim denim, the Flint and Tinder 365 Pants are your new favorite everyday pants — if you don’t already have a pair, that is.
- The Stylish Slip-Ons: Astorflex Patnoflex, $165 — The footwear you decide to rock depends on the occasion, but if things are even slightly dressy or tailored, best go with sleek leather slip-ons. The Astorflex Patnoflex are like a cooler take on classic leather loafers.
- The Watch: Luminox Atacama Field 1900, $666.98 — The time is right to break out your best everyday watch for occasions both dressy and more laidback, and this rugged stainless steel field watch checks all the right boxes.
- The Slim Wallet: Secrid Mini-Wallet, $110 — With a sleek and stylish look like this, you’re in need of a slim leather wallet that blends right in while pairing seemlessly with your updated chore coat and your new favorite everyday pants — Secrid’s Mini-Wallet has you covered here.
- The Sunglasses: Raen Optics Wiley Sunglasses, $135 — Yes, the time has come to break out your stylish sunglasses once again, and the Raen Optics Wiley Sunglasses are a prime style pick.
- The Grooming Essential: Beast Brands Balancing Face Mask, $29 — While you can’t wear this face mask out of the house per se, you can use Beast Brands to give your face an early morning lift or a late night refresher — this high-quality face mask is a true men’s grooming essential, made with activated charcoal to absorb oils and fight aging. Sounds like a crucial part of any #OOTD to me.
Versatility is the key when dressing for spring, and so it goes when finding one of the best men’s polos — and then, trying to find as many ways to wear it as possible. For guys like you and me, that’s actually easier than it sounds. In this case, it involves starting with your new favorite everyday pants, and then pairing them with a rather unexpected footwear choice, a pair of the Astorflex Patnoflex — they actually wear like leather loafers but have the cool, breezy, coastal style that we’re going to see more of come later spring and summer. Of course, one of the best men’s polos stays office-ready, too, particularly when paired up with an updated chore coat that wears like a blazer and offers excellent spring travel style. Things get even better, though — throw on a rugged stainless steel field watch for the ultimate in style on the road and at home, then accessorize in sleek fashion with a slim leather wallet — you’re not missing a beat, that’s to be sure. Before you leave the house, step out with the Raen Optics Wiley Sunglasses for a dash of old-school cool. But take it a step back, because before you’re going to want to do that, you should kick back with a fresh face mask for a bit of a spring grooming refresh. Play your cards right, rock these menswear essentials, and prepare to have one heck of a fun spring day. Cheers!