When you want summer style that’s both inspiring and functional, you’ve sometimes got to take a new approach — that’s what Taylor Stitch has done here with one of the best short-sleeve shirts for summer via its Taylor Stitch West Winds Collection. For starters, the collection also features unique, desert-inspired artwork from artist Shane Miller, so that’s pretty darn cool. We’ll get to the classic short-sleeve shirt you need this season in just a second, but know that Taylor Stitch used the inspiration of the desert itself to craft a perfectly garment-dyed short-sleeve Oxford shirt you can rock with your favorite summer style staples. It pays to have an #OOTD that’s different than average, even in these strange quarantine times, so that’s why you’ll see we’re pairing up the Taylor Stitch Short-Sleeve Jack Shirt with cool, corresponding pieces that are anything but normal. Take a stylish light wash denim jacket and mix it up with classic men’s chinos from the good folks at Buck Mason, then throw on some suede chukka boots — boom, there’s your next summer ensemble (for now and later). This is the type of ensemble that’s going to serve you well when you want to freshen up at home for an evening of grilling and porch beers, and it’s going to put in equal work when you head back into the outside world to fill up your favorite growler or pick up some cold brew coffee. Heck, if I were you, I’d rock the Taylor Stitch Short-Sleeve Jack Shirt just about as often as possible in place of a T-shirt for casual-but-cool spring style. The choice, though, is up to you. How are you going to style this unique short-sleeve shirt? Check out the full look below, and feel free to get in touch with your thoughts on Twitter.
- The Stylish Short-Sleeve Shirt: Taylor Stitch Short-Sleeve Jack Shirt, $98 — As seems to be the case, this classic short-sleeve shirt from Taylor Stitch has been a hot seller, but if you can pick it up, I’d suggest you do so. It’s part of the limited-edition Taylor Stitch West Winds Collection, which also features an incredible, desert-inspired art piece from Shane Miller. And to top it off, it’s just one of the best short-sleeve shirts for summer.
- The Denim Jacket: Levi’s Trucker Jacket, $89.50 — Now, you might not need this light wash denim jacket all day, every day, but when it gets chilly on summer nights, there’s hardly a better option than the iconic Levi’s Trucker Jacket.
- The Classic Chinos: Buck Mason Slub Twill Officer Pants, $135 — The good folks at Buck Mason have done it again here with these classic men’s chinos, the perfect in-between for breezy summer days when you still want casual-yet-polished style.
- The Chukka Boots: Astorflex Greenflex Chukka Boots, $114.98 — Roll up those Buck Mason chinos and let these classic suede chukka boots do the work. Another versatile pair of summer footwear you need right now.
- The Watch: Timex MS1 Maritime Sport Watch, $168 — This isn’t the first time we’ve talked about this classic Timex watch, and it certainly won’t be the last. The Timex MS1 Maritime Sport Watch is a versatile, certfiied summer essential, all thanks to that NATO strap and tough case design. As I always say, don’t worry about mixing black and tan here — it’s a combo that assuredly works.
- The Belt: Tanner Goods Classic Belt, $69.98 — Hey, the right accessories make all the difference — no matter the sort of #OOTD you’re going for. This Tanner Goods Classic Belt is one you’ll have for years, and it’s one of the best men’s leather belts out there for that very reason, too.
- The Sunglasses: Raen Optics Wiley Sunglasses, $135 — Before you head out the door, be sure — darn sure — that you’re grabbing some of the best sunglasses for summer. Luckily for all of us, Raen Optics delivers on that front.
- The Everyday Carry: Billykirk No. 134 Sketchbook Holder, $165 — Relaxing at home? Out on the trail? Hanging by the fire? Bring this handsome leather journal from Billykirk along for all of these occasions — and more. It’s an everyday carry essential, after all.
If you want to freshen up your short-sleeve shirting game this summer and perhaps add a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork to your home, turn toward the Taylor Stitch West Winds Collection — it delivers in more ways than one, starting with the best short-sleeve shirt for summer. This shirt is breezy, colorful and as easygoing as your favorite T-shirt, so feel free to pair it up with rugged style staples aplenty, like the Levi’s Trucker Jacket and Buck Mason chinos. Talk about a one-two punch, right? Yes indeed, the Taylor Stitch Short-Sleeve Jack Shirt is as cool as can be, but the whole look doesn’t work without the right accessories, from the rugged appeal of the Tanner Goods Classic Belt to the dependable durability of the Timex MS1 Maritime Sport Watch. And even if it feels odd to put on proper footwear at the moment, a pair of classic suede chukka boots is going to prove plenty reliable now and through the summer months (and on into fall!). Keep track of all your musings and your future plans using a stylish leather journal from Billykirk, and protect your eyes from the sun with some of the best sunglasses for summer. If you haven’t yet given much thought to your summer shirting rotation, now’s the time to start. Luckily, you know just how to wear the Taylor Stitch Short-Sleeve Jack Shirt for the months ahead.