Well, here we are with another #OOTD covering how to dress in style for summer. From knowing how to wear white leather sneakers to how to wear chukka boots in the summer heat, stylish guys like yourself need to know how to deal with many a summer style situation. Let’s go off-trail — or at least, further away from home — for a second. If you love the great outdoors or a casual hike, or even an upstate cabin retreat, it pays off to know how to dress in rugged style, does it not? We’re here today with plenty of summer style essentials via a more unique ensemble to help you gear up for the season accordingly, even if that only entails sitting outside around the fire, and we’ll start with one of the best shirt jackets for men. Remember, style counts in plenty of different situations, even if it might seem not seem like it. That goes for spending time outdoors this summer — the day of athletic shorts and an athletic logo tee should be in your rearview mirror, hence the stylish overshirt you’ll see below from Freemans Sporting Club (among other choices). So, we’ll talk about one of the best shirt jackets out there right now — it’s a lightweight overshirt that goes the distance — plus some of the best men’s pants for summer, a pair uniquely suited to the rigors of the great outdoors and back home, and we’ll be lacing up a pair of the best men’s hiking boots, too. Are you ready to get out there, my friends? If you like this look, be sure to let me know on Twitter.
- The Stylish Tee: Forty Five Supima Crew Tee, $32 — Yes, my friends, one of the best T-shirts for summer is here via Huckberry. This is the stylish summer T-shirt your rugged camp shirt needs.
- The Boots: Danner Pub Garden Boots, $190 — We’ve talked in the past about the Danner Pub Garden Boots, and they’re back for good reason. These are some of the most rugged outdoor boots you can step into, and the versatile construction makes ’em the perfect summer boots, too.
- The Watch: Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 68, $1,395 — If you’re going to invest in one of the best men’s watches, you’d best be sure that that timepiece is truly a rugged watch you can wear with anything, and in any situation. The Zodiac Super Sea Wolf does it all.
- The Socks: Darn Tough Element Crew Cushion Socks, $21 — Spending hours on your feet, no matter the activity, calls for a pair of the best men’s socks — the kind of comfortable hiking socks that can take a beating — and look great while doing so.
- The Daily Carry: Filson Ballistic Nylon Duffel Backpack Hybrid, $245 — Your next camping trip, hike or outdoor hang calls for, yes, one of the best outdoor bags. This Filson duffel is an exceptional addition to your everyday carry, to say the least.
- The Outdoor Essential: OtterBox Trooper LT 30 Soft Cooler, $300 — What does every great camping trip or bonfire need? In addition to your Filson duffel, you assuredly need one of the best coolers. Thankfully, OtterBox does it right with this one.
Looking at the #OOTD above, are you feeling more ready for your next outdoor adventure? Whatever the case may be, prepping accordingly and dressing in rugged style can only help further the experience, my friends. That’s why the best men’s gear is so crucial — take the rugged camp shirt from Freemans Sporting Club as shown above. It’s going to be the ideal layer to wear atop your new favorite T-shirt on a long day hike or for a chilly summer evening (or both!). Of course, rugged outdoor boots are going to be a summer style essential, too — make sure you’re lacing up the right pair (*ahem* the Danner Pub Garden Boots are the correct answer). Proper accessories make all the difference when it comes to gearing up for the great outdoors, so throw on one of the best men’s watches and see how far that investment takes you — luckily, the Zodiac Super Sea Wolf more than passes muster. Even the little details make the difference, so a pair of the best men’s socks, particularly a pair from Darn Tough, is going to serve your feet very well indeed. You’ll also be stepping out properly thanks to one of the best outdoor bags, the type of daily carry that haul all your everyday essentials (and then some). And for when you and your pals get thirsty? Rest easy knowing you’ve brought along one of the best coolers from OtterBox. But lest we forget: It all starts with your new favorite overshirt and builds from there. As always, get in touch with me on Twitter to let me know your thoughts on this look.