There are assuredly certain pieces every guy needs in his summer wardrobe, certain pieces that can go the distance time and time again. So it goes with classic high-top sneakers, and with that, I’m inviting you to join us for another entry in our #OOTD series. We’ve previously talked about how to wear classic white sneakers here on the blog, and today, we’re building another ensemble around some of the best sneakers for men — the best high-top sneakers around, no less. The right pair of high-top sneakers (as with the below GREATS Royale High Blanco) are dressy enough to be worn outside the home (when the time comes), yet they function remarkably well throughout plenty of other seasonal dressing occasions — especially of the “relaxing on the porch” variety. The key comes in finding the right pieces with which to wear your new summer sneakers, so that means we’re going breezy with a lightweight summer shirt and some classic men’s chinos (also made out of remarkably light fabric). Places in which to wear white sneakers might seem a little few and far between these days, especially given the state of the world, but I’d say that as with most style advice right now, keep these suggestions handy when better days roll around — and if you feel like going all out and dressing in style at home, then the best white high-top sneakers certainly won’t let you down. Have any thoughts as to what you want to see on the blog? Feel free to drop me a line via Twitter.
- The Sneakers: GREATS Brand Royale High Blanco, $199 — Yes, when shopping for your new favorite sneakers, you’d do very well indeed to consider the GREATS Royale High Blanco. Sharply designed and wearable with plenty of summer style essentials, they’re a new #OOTD centerpiece.
- The Shirt: Grayers Portofino Featherweight Poplin Shirt, $98 — The best pairing alongside new high-top sneakers? A breezy, stylish summer shirt, as in the Portofino Poplin Shirt from Grayers. It’ll be a new everyday summer shirt (quite possibly), given the easygoing wearability.
- The Tee: Mott and Bow Carlton Heavyweight Pocket Tee, $35 — Now, not every single day is going to call for layering up with a stylish pocket tee, but on chilly summer nights, you’ll be glad you picked up this classic summer tee (perhaps a three-pack) from the makers of your favorite denim — right?
- The Pants: Flint and TInder Lightweight Stretch Chinos, $98 — Leave it to Flint and Tinder to craft some of the best chinos for summer (heck, some of the best men’s chinos — period).
- The Watch: About Vintage 1926 At’sea, $375 — A classic dive watch is an easy style pick most days, especially when you’re going with classic white high-top sneakers on your feet. Plus, this About Vintage watch is waterproof to 200 meters, making it quite the versatile timepiece for summer.
- The Belt: Billykirk No. 117 Mechanic’s Belt, $99.99 — The seemingly small accessories make a huge difference, and so it goes with one of the best men’s leather belts. As always, Billykirk gets it right.
- The Sunglasses: Tens Weston Sunglasses, $111 — In short, Tens are unlike anything you’ve ever worn before — cool shades like the Weston Sunglasses are made with custom filter lenses that literally change your outlook through rich colorways (and they just so happen to be stylish as all-get-out).
- The Grooming Essentials: MANTL Daily Routine Set, $65.98 — Especially in the hot summer months, keeping your skin in shape is crucial. Do so with some of the best men’s grooming essentials from MANTL right here.
It might seem odd to think about ways to wear white sneakers when so many of our summer plans have changed — but hey, that style inspiration is still critical. And if I know one thing, it’s that wearing the GREATS Royale High Blanco is going to be quite fun, no matter where you take ’em. When you’ve got such a crisp, essential pair of leather sneakers, the right complementary pieces can be a bit more subtle (but no less stylish) — hence, go with a stylish summer shirt in a classic navy colorway from Grayers. Then, throw it on atop a stylish pocket T-shirt from Mott and Bow — any of the above colorways work just fine, especially if you wear your Grayers shirt unbuttoned. To polish things up ever so slightly without overdoing it during the heat of the season, some of the best chinos for summer are the right move. In short, you know you can count on Flint and Tinder to deliver quality and plenty of stretch via this pair. Because we’re going classic and sharp with this ensemble, the classic dive watch on your wrist is a smart move in terms of functionality and style points. You’ll need to keep time between sipping your favorite summer beer and manning the grill, after all. Keep it all together with one of the best men’s leather belts, a critical accessory every guy needs (especially that investment-worthy leather belt as shown above from Billykirk). I’m also a big fan of statement-making accessories like the Weston Sunglasses from Tens, so let’s go bold and have some fun here. To round it all out, make sure you’re keeping fresh and in good shape with some of the best men’s grooming essentials, OK? Alright, alright, alright. Again, if you want to chat menswear or see how I’m wearing my own high-top sneakers this summer, head to my Instagram or find me on Twitter.