Thank you, my friends, for joining us for another edition of The Friday Read, where we’re starting things off with the right *step* for the weekend. I’m talking, naturally, about the excellent, brand-new HELM Boots Cole Sneakers as seen above. That’s right — the makers of some of your favorite boots (as covered here on the blog!) are launching the brand’s first pair of sneakers, and it’s fitting that they’re a nice hybrid between sneakers and boots. I love the HELM Cole Sneakers in rich wheat leather, and I dig the hiking-style speed lacing and the versatile high-top construction. The best new sneakers for fall? Very possibly. Remember, you can get $50 off your first order at HELM, plus free shipping. So, that’s my recommended footwear pick for many a weekend ahead. Onward to the rest of the weekend. And yes, another reminder to check out my Tuesday-and-Saturday newsletter if you just can’t get enough of what we’ve got going on here. The Style Guide In Brief won’t let you down.
As for me, I’m still enjoying a bit of R&R (call it a working vacation) visiting my parents in Florida — talk about a much-needed break. We’ve been able to hit the beach for some socially distanced sunshine, we’ve made plenty of trips to support local craft brewery Point Ybel Brewing (get the Kitten’s Paw, a light and refreshing hoppy pils!) and I’ve been able to work on features for the likes of Maxim.com (including a piece on the best leather sneakers) and GearMoose, naturally. I’ll be headed back to New York in the coming days, but have really loved being able to rest and relax down here. Hopefully, your weekend is filled with plenty of menswear, plenty of time to kick back, and perhaps some listening to the new album by The Killers. Cheers to the weekend, my friends.
- I’ve taken to kicking off the Friday Read with a few deals or sale suggestions over the years, so know this right off the bat: This exceptionally well-crafted NOMOS Club Sport Neomatik Watch (made in Germany) isn’t exactly a bargain, sadly. But that’s because it’s one of the most precisely made watches on the planet. I’d urge you to head to UNCRATE to pick up what could be the last everyday watch you buy for … well, a long time. Aside from that, you should also check out the much more affordable UNCRATE Surplus sale section, with the best men’s gear across several categories.
- Let’s talk about one of the best men’s style sales, shall we? Be sure to check out the Nisolo End-of-Season Sale (now through August 31st) to get the best deals on men’s boots and more. This is the first time the Nisolo Warehouse Sale is going digital, offering never-before-seen men’s boots, discontinued designs and plenty more for fall. You can also use the code NEWSEASON to get 15 percent off full-price items. Get ready to get your new favorite pair of boots, folks.
- I’ve got a bit more of an affordable deal for you now these days — for a limited time only, the outstanding Taylor Stitch Gibson Jacket (a combination travel jacket and blazer and perhaps the best fall jacket) is available for a discount via the Taylor Stitch Workshop, so you best get on it. What’s more, you can read my full Taylor Stitch review over at GearMoose.
- Ready to look towards the trail and the weekend? You best gear up over at Topo Designs, and more specifically, with the Topo Designs Summer Sale, featuring plenty of top picks for on and off the trail. To make it easy on you, I’d recommend you get the rugged Topo Designs Field Plaid Shirt or the Field Pants, quite possibly some of the best men’s field pants around.
- Speaking of new gear, what could be a better way to close out summer and welcome fall than with a versatile men’s watch from Shinola? Check out my full rundown on the Shinola Duck Watch for Maxim, and then get ready to get out on the water to end summer.
Folks, that’ll do it for today’s Friday Read. I’ve got one more shopping recommendation for you, though. If you missed last Saturday’s Style Pick of the Week, now’s the chance to redeem yourself. I wrote all about the excellent Taylor Stitch California Chambray Shirt, so you would do very well to read my Taylor Stitch review before you power through the day. Enjoy the weekend, my friends. Cheers!