Folks, let’s get one thing straight. If it’s a cold and blustery winter day, then you need one of the best men’s sweaters — to say the very least. That’s what today’s #OOTD will cover, diving into what exactly makes the Buck Mason Shawl Cardigan seen below so essential these days. It’s a premium upgrade to a classic silhouette, one that’ll provide a ton of warmth and plenty of style points for the months and weeks to come (even if the time ahead finds you hanging at home, bourbon in hand). You might say that “the gang’s all here” when it comes to time to dig into how to wear a cardigan for guys this winter, so the supporting cast shown here also includes plenty of other winter style essentials. To wit: We’ve got one of the best men’s flannel shirts up for the taking, plus a pair of Western Rise pants for maximum versatility and dependability in winter weather. As you’ll soon see, the Filson Mackinaw Wool Cruiser Jacket gets the job done in stormy winter weather, while a pair of the most stylish men’s boots provides functionality and traction on slick winter streets and sidewalks. Complement it all with one of the coolest everyday carry essentials around, and you’ve got the makings of a mighty fine winter #OOTD. Check it all out below, then follow me on Instagram to see how I’m dressing this winter.
- The Cardigan: Buck Mason Vintage Cashmere Shawl Cardigan, $225 — The perfect #OOTD starts with one of the best men’s sweaters, like this rugged and warm Buck Mason cardigan.
- The Shirt: Gitman Vintage Country Plaid Shirt, $220 — Invest in one of the best men’s flannel shirts for winter in a handsome plaid pattern to stand out the right way this season.
- The Jacket: Filson Mackinaw Wool Cruiser Jacket, $325 — You’re going to need a rugged and warm jacket for chilly winter weather, and the iconic Filson Mackinaw Wool Cruiser Jacket should certainly suffice.
- The Pants: Western Rise Evolution Pants, $149 — Add both versatility and style to your winter rotation with these durable, easy-to-wear Western Rise pants with plenty of stretch.
- The Boots: Taylor Stitch Moto Boots in Weatherproof Snuff Suede, $348 — Step out in style functional style with some of the toughest and most stylish men’s boots on the market, courtesy of Taylor Stitch.
- The Socks: American Trench Boot Socks in Wool and Silk, $29.50 — Some of the most stylish men’s boots around deserve some of the best boot socks for men, do they not? Indeed.
- The Watch: Shinola Runwell Watch, $550 — This newly iconic watch is the stuff of legend, made to be worn as often as you can (including in this #OOTD).
- The Everyday Carry: Boarding Pass NYC Flight Brief, $175 — Get this handsome flight brief for daily use, and better still, use the code BEAUKNOWS to knock $10 off your purchase. Consider it one of the best EDC essentials around.
While this #OOTD is packed with the best gear around, it all really starts with one of the best men’s cardigans, worn in an essential manner with plenty of other winter style picks for maximum warmth. The Buck Mason cardigan shown above brings a nice mix of rugged and refined style to your daily dressing rotation, especially when worn with, for example, one of the best men’s flannel shirts. Throw in some Western Rise pants to help you get around on the go easily and in style, and ditch the cardigan if it gets too hot indoors. Of course, the ever-reliable Filson Mackinaw Wool Cruiser Jacket is here to help you layer up in the worst conditions imaginable, while a pair of the toughest and most stylish men’s boots is up for grabs to help you stay on your feet on slippery streets. To ensure you stay comfortable on your feet, some of the best boot socks for men are a critical accessory. It’s all pulled together by the simply incredible and classic Shinola Runwell Watch, a perfect balance of dressy and rugged in its own right. Last but not least, pick up the Boarding Pass NYC Flight Brief at a discount using the code BEAUKNOWS, and get ready to get out there in style this season. Happy shopping and thanks for reading!