Let’s talk winter layering in today’s #OOTD, shall we? To be more specific, let’s talk about how to layer up with a shirt jacket for the season ahead. Think of a shirt jacket like the versatile layer you didn’t know you needed, with the ability to be worn as an outer layer atop a henley (in the case of today’s #OOTD) or as a mid-layer in the right conditions and the right fit.It helps quite a lot if the shirt jacket in question is in fact one of the best shirt jackets for men, and that’s certainly the case with the rugged-yet-refined Todd Snyder Italian Quilted Liner Jacket, today’s featured pick and one heck of a well-made shirt jacket (or shacket, if you will). The rest of today’s gear picks certainly pull their own weight, too, from one of the best men’s henleys to some brand-new, incredibly well-made Filson indigo denim (just wait until you see ’em, folks). Of course, a rugged leather watch and a unique Taylor Stitch x Stetson hat do their fair share of lifting when it comes to both style and functionality. Taken altogether, this ensemble works quite well for rugged winter weekend adventures around town and on the trail, and of course, at an outdoor beer garden. Check it all out below, layer up accordingly and stay safe out there, folks.
- The Shirt Jacket: Todd Snyder Italian Quilted Liner Jacket, $268 — It all starts off with a crucial layer, one of the best shirt jackets for men that you’re apt to find these days.
- The Henley: Buck Mason Pima Curved Hem Henley, $52 — A great winter #OOTD is nothing without a proper base layer, as in, one of the best men’s henleys on the market.
- The Denim: Filson Rail-Splitter Jeans, $145 — Yes, that’s right. The makers of some of the best heritage gear on the planet are now making your new favorite jeans, guaranteed.
- The Boots: FRYE Corver Chelsea Boots, $298 — Invest in the best with these expertly crafted leather boots, made for all kinds of tough winter weather.
- The Belt: Billykirk No. 117 Mechanic’s Belt, $99 — The best accessories, like a rugged leather belt, really bring an outfit together, so act and shop accordingly.
- The Watch: Luminox Field Automatic Day-Date Watch, $990 — Add in one of the best leather watches to really seal the deal on this stellar #OOTD, will ya?
- The Socks: American Trench Boot Socks in Wool and Silk, $29.50 — The best leather boots on the market call for some of the best boot socks, no doubt about it.
- The Hat: Taylor Stitch x Stetson Packable Lane Splitter Hat, $118 — Here’s where this ensemble really gets a shot in the arm, courtesy of this seriously cool Taylor Stitch x Stetson hat.
Now then, who’s ready to layer up the right way this season? For taking on winter in style, it really doesn’t get any better than, say, the Todd Snyder Italian Quilted Liner Jacket, a rugged and versatile layer that’s going to provide crucial protection and warmth in the elements. It only gets better though, thanks to one of the best men’s henleys for another crucial dose of warmth and style points. I think you’re going to love the rugged design and construction of Filson indigo denim in this look, and I’d say it’s also quite difficult to go wrong with FRYE leather boots for winter-ready performance and dependability. Add in critical touches like a rugged leather belt to really seal the deal, and make sure you’re outfitted accordingly and ready for anything with one of the best leather watches, in this instance from Luminox. Keep cold feet at bay with some of the best boot socks, and top it all off with a truly one-of-a-kind, ready-for-anything Taylor Stitch x Stetson hat. With all those rugged gear picks in hand, you’re going to be more than ready for your next winter weekend adventure. Now, how about that?