Did the end of 2020 creep up on you? I know it certainly did for me, but that’s all the better as we turn the page on this year (in style, of course) and look toward 2021. With that being said, you’re probably looking for way to shake up your style in the new year (or perhaps, you’re looking for ways to dress for New Year’s Eve). Well, you’re in luck today, my friends. Think of this #OOTD as style inspiration for New Year’s Eve (even if your plans look a heck of a lot different this year), or think of it as a nice guide when it comes to dressing in refined style for the rest of winter. Either way, we’ve got you covered. The key pieces here, as you’ll see, really do a lot of the heavy lifting for the season, from the classic suede bomber jacket shown below to a few Todd Snyder menswear essentials (flannel shirt and slim corduroy pants among them). Of course, it wouldn’t be a festive winter #OOTD without versatile leather Chelsea boots, a seasonally friendly beer and your best stainless steel watch. Heck, even if you choose to hang at home on Zoom for New Year’s Eve or other special occasions, this look is refined enough to shake things up on the daily. To see how I’m taking on the winter in style, be sure to check out my Instagram.
- The Jacket: The Jacket Maker Eaton Brown Suede Bomber Jacket, $265 — Go with refined style at its best with this classic suede bomber jacket, available for a highly agreeable price.
- The Shirt: Todd Snyder Italian Red Tartan Flannel Shirt, $178 — Get a sharp-yet-versatile, stylish flannel shirt to nail the perfect mix of refined, casual style this season.
- The Pants: Todd Snyder Slim-Fit Italian Stretch Corduroys, $168 — Step out in style (or dress up at home!) with these slim-fit corduroys, made with comfort, stretch and great looks in mind.
- The Boots: FRYE Bowery Chelsea Boots, $328 — For navigating slick city streets or a slick back deck as you hang out by the fire pit, get rugged-yet-versatile leather Chelsea boots to balance form and function.
- The Socks: American Trench Boot Socks in Wool & Silk, $29.50 — Invest in the best men’s socks on the market with this handsome and exceedingly comfortable pair to complement the rest of your #OOTD.
- The Watch: Zodiac Super Sea Wolf GMT, $1,795 — Break out this investment-level, incredibly cool watch for each and every special occasion you’ve got on the horizon this year.
- The EDC Essential: Taylor Stitch Wine Key, $48 — Whether you go with a nice bottle of wine or a classic winter beer to sip on, this Taylor Stitch Wine Key is essential to have on hand.
- The Winter Beer: Sierra Nevada Celebration, $21.99 (12-Pack) — Bring along an iconic and much-loved beer for yourself, your host or your guests to enjoy (but be sure to drink responsibly!). Better still, get it delivered via Drizly.
- The Grooming Essentials: Oars + Alps Face Kit, $59 — Look your best no matter the occasion with the handy Oars + Alps Face Kit. Plus, you can use the code BEAU15 to get 15 percent off on your first purchase.
Once again, no matter what occasion comes across your social calendar these days, I hope you’ll find these pieces useful and highly versatile. There aren’t all that many places where a classic suede bomber jacket won’t fit right in stylishly, so it’s a wise winter outerwear pick-up regardless. And even if you’re only hanging out on Zoom for your next gathering, a stylish flannel shirt is a proper seasonal style move, made all the better with slim-fit corduroys for a bit of refined-yet-comfortable style to ring in the new year, the weekend or a Zoom happy hour. When it does come time to step out into the elements, make sure you’re outfitted accordingly with leather Chelsea boots that can take a beating and look great in the process this winter. A pair of the best men’s socks are all the more crucial when it comes time to throw on your favorite dress boots (or slip them off, for that matter). This look also gets one heck of a shot in the arm with one of the best stainless steel watches out there, no questions asked. Bring along the Taylor Stitch Wine Key to pop open the bubbly or simply pop open another bottle of your choice beer (in this case, the Sierra Nevada Celebration should get the job done nicely). Accent it all with the Oars + Alps Face Kit to help you look and feel your best, and you’ve got the perfect #OOTD for refined-yet-laidback style situations aplenty. Happy shopping, my friends!