The right #OOTD for spring is all about how you style transitional gear picks into one cohesive look that’s ready for darn near anything. That’s why we’re here today, after all. It all starts off as you might expect when dealing with spring weather: With one of the best men’s jackets for spring. The Taylor Stitch Harris Jacket manages to be rugged yet modern, with a streamlined fit and some updates that take it above and beyond the ordinary field jacket of days gone by. Just look at the discreet chest zipper pockets, the strategically placed slanted hip pockets, the durable hardware and the organic cotton exterior, complete with a water-resistant finish. Yes indeed, the Taylor Stitch Harris Jacket can do it all. The look gets help along the way from some of the best new jeans from Mott and Bow, plus an Everlane Oxford shirt — two timeless picks that can work from day to night this spring. If you’re heading away on a weekend road trip or enjoying some outdoor beer garden brews or a relaxing coffee — a few of the only pursuits we can take part in these days! — then this ensemble is going to do the hard work for you.
Some of the best spring rain boots also step up to the plate and provide functionality and style in equal measure. But if you really want to stand out subtly and stylishly this season, it’s one of the best men’s spring jackets you’re going to want to grab as you head out the door. Trust me on that one, folks. And to see how I’m dressing for spring, be sure to give me a follow on Instagram. Stay dry, stay stylish! Here’s the full #OOTD.
- The Jacket: Taylor Stitch Harris Jacket in Forest Dry Wax, $238 — The durable water-resistant exterior and the sleek fit (plus the zippered hood) make this a jacket that readily blends form and function. One of the best field jackets around, easily.
- The Shirt: Everlane Standard Fit Oxford, $62 — Is there any shirt more wearable for spring than a classic Oxford shirt from a radically transparent brand like Everlane? No sir, there’s not. And it pairs up perfectly with the Taylor Stitch Harris Jacket. Plus, you can get 10 percent off your first order now.
- The Spring Denim: Mott and Bow Slim Mercer Jeans in Clay, $118 — While a pair of classic blue jeans won’t let you down, it’s sometimes nice to switch things up a bit. These slim jeans from Mott and Bow are a nice change of pace.
- The Rugged Boots: Rhodes Footwear Dolomite Boots, $248 — These tough hiking boots just so happen to have a slim profile to go along with city or adventure-ready performance touches, making ’em some of the best leather boots for men now.
- The Socks: Proof 72-Hour Merino Crew Socks, $32 (Two-Pack) — That’s right: For long days on the, you need some of the best merino wool socks for men, and this two-pack delivers.
- The Watch: Timex Marlin Automatic Leather Watch, $249 — Timex men’s watches are renowned for their durability and affordability — it doesn’t hurt that the Timex Marlin Leather Watch is retro-inspired, sharp and stylish, too (plus, Timex is offering free ground shipping on all orders).
- The Grooming Essentials: Huron Big Three Kit, $38 — Get a trio of the best men’s grooming essentials out there, including face wash and face lotion. Talk about a spring refresh.
- The Everyday Cary: DISCOMMON Watch Wallet 2, $210 — Although this everyday carry essential is listed as a watch wallet, it’s actually versatile enough to haul your journal and cash plus cards, in addition to safely storing a timepiece as needed. That makes it one of the best EDC gear picks you can have on your person this spring, I’d wager.
For as much as the devil is in the details, you might say, it’s just as important to get the big-ticket items properly secured to get around in style this season. That’s where one of the best field jackets enters your life and your wardrobe — the Taylor Stitch Harris Jacket is sleek and well-fitting, yet easy to layer. And even more crucially, it’s designed to stand up to spring rain and wind.
That makes it the best men’s spring jacket to wear atop your other versatile seasonal style picks here, including a classic Oxford shirt from the good folks at Everlane (just add a rugged crewneck sweatshirt if you get chilly). A pair of slim jeans from Mott and Bow in an eye-catching shade of blue switch things up from your typical blue jeans, and the entire combination sits stylishly atop the dependable Rhodes Footwear Dolomite Boots. Your ensemble can only go as far as your accessories, so some of the best merino wool socks for men are a wise bet for comfort and performance. Meanwhile, your Timex Marlin Leather Watch can take a bit of a pounding and look great in the process. A trio of the best men’s grooming essentials helps keep your mug in fine form this season, and the innovative DISCOMMON Watch Wallet 2 protects your everyday carry without missing a beat. Feeling great about this ensemble? I know I am — see you out there this season.