Stepping into a new season should be as fun as it is functional and durable, especially when the ever-shifting confines of spring can present everything from sunny, breezy days in the park to blustery, chilly days on the road or the trail (or at the outdoor backyard bar). Preparation is key, and that’s precisely why you’re going to love this take on how to wear a classic suede trucker jacket. Leave it up to today’s #OOTD to dress for spring in rugged, durable, classic style — to say the very least.
In fact, this ensemble covers everything you could ask for in a seasonal look, from top-to-bottom (that even includes the best men’s everyday bag, one built with serious style from Billykirk). Of course, pieces like a rugged men’s henley are still crucial as we move from one season into the next (remember what I said about needing to be ready for anything). A pair of the best leather boots for men will provide on-the-go style and durability when you need it the most, and accessories like one of the best leather watches for men are also top of mind in any season (spring very much included). For now, keep scrolling to check out the rest of this #OOTD, then head to my Instagram to see how I’m dressing this season. Cheers, my friends!
- The Jacket: Flint and Tinder Golden Bear Suede Trucker, $998 — Listen, there are coats you can wear every single day, and coats you save for special occasions. This classic suede trucker jacket is both, so make it worth your while and break it out a lot.
- The Classic Shirt: Filson Alaskan Guide Shirt, $135 — There’s never a bad season to wear the Filson Alaskan Guide Shirt, an outdoor staple you can wear for more leisurely pursuits through breezy spring weather without missing a beat.
- The Henley: Taylor Stitch Heavy Bag Henley, $59 via UNCRATE — Score a great deal on this rugged men’s henley, the perfect spring base layer, at UNCRATE now.
- The Pants: Proof Rover Pants, $98 — Are the Proof Rover Pants your new favorite pants? They very well could be, blending the style points of jeans with the toughness of work pants for anything spring throws your way.
- The Boots: Eddie Bauer K-6 Boots, $150 — Get a standout deal on some of the best leather boots for men this season, the kind you can wear in any casual spring style scenario, outdoor dining or day hikes included. Indeed, the Eddie Bauer K-6 Boots are a stone-cold classic.
- The Hat: Melin Thermal A-Game Hat, $69 — When you want to throw on a stylish ballcap that’s going to look cooler than an athletic cap, while also keeping you warm against breezy spring winds, this Melin thermal ballcap is the one you want.
- The Watch: Timex Navi XL Automatic Leather Strap Watch, $259 — The good folks at Timex make some of the best leather watches for men, as they have for years, and the Timex Navi XL Automatic is no different.
- The Everyday Carry: Billykirk No. 478 Small-Batch Carryall, $550 — No matter what your spring agenda entails (even if that just means an outdoor brunch and loading up this rugged carryall with some to-go beers), Billykirk has you covered with the best men’s everyday bag on the market.
The beauty of this #OOTD is that it’s got plenty of parts working in harmony to provide maximum durability and classic looks, all at once. Take the Filson Alaskan Guide Shirt, a rugged overshirt that you can wear on its, atop your rugged men’s henley, if you so desired. Yet here, it gets an even further shot in the arm, thanks to the crucial, classic suede trucker jacket. It’s the perfect balance of rugged and refined, something that’s also exemplified by the Proof Rover Pants, which wear like tough work pants but look like sleek black jeans, in a way.
Talk about day-to-night style, the kind that only gets better when you consider the trail-to-town utility of the Eddie Bauer K-6 Boots, which are going to look right at home alongside the rugged Timex Navi XL Leather Watch — which itself is dressy enough in its own way. The real capper here are two stylish, cool accessories to literally top things off. Your Melin thermal ballcap wears quite well when you want casual, warm style for chilly spring days, while the rugged carryall from Billykirk delivers EDC performance in the clutch. You’ve just found your new favorite look for spring, folks.