If you ask me, we all need one truly essential, go-to jacket in each and every season (yes, even spring and summer as far as outerwear is concerned). While your go-to winter jacket might be a burly parka or a tough waxed trucker jacket, the answer for spring style is a bit simpler. One of the best jackets for men this spring has got to be effective, it’s got to be versatile enough to wear casual and more tailored picks, and it’s got to be ready for anything, simple as that. Enter the Flint and Tinder Quilted Flight Jacket, an old-school jacket that draws design inspiration from military pieces and yet brings it all forward into the present day. That means a trimmer fit and more advanced fabrics, plus that reliable and durable design you’ve come to expect from Huckberry.
That’s only the tip of the iceberg, as it were, when it comes to getting ready for early spring. The season can bring everything from unexpected sunlight to even more unexpected rain, so the supporting cast in today’s #OOTD is on-hand to help you power through in style. To be more specific, picks like a performance-minded, classic men’s Oxford shirt, your new favorite T-shirt and the best chinos for men will help you go just about anywhere, be that an outdoor coffee date or a long-awaited return to the office. Put it all together at once, and you’re going to look, well, great. Keep on scrolling for today’s picks, folks.
- The Jacket: Flint and Tinder Quilted Flight Jacket, $188 — Retro style meets modern functionality in this classic flight jacket, one of the best men’s jackets for spring (especially if you favor casual, on-the-go style). Huckberry gets it right.
- The Shirt: Mack Weldon Oxford Shirt, $88 — This classic men’s Oxford shirt is made with high-performance fabric to wick moisture and prevent sweat, making it one of the coolest men’s buttondown shirts (literally) on the market. Don’t forget, Mack Weldon also offers free U.S. shipping, folks.
- The Base Layer: Sunspel Riviera T-Shirt, $90 via UNCRATE — Here’s the thing with spring weather: It can go from blustery and rainy to hot in a matter of minutes. So, get this investment-level, James Bond-approved T-shirt to wear all on its own if need be.
- The Pants: Mott and Bow Slim Mercer Jeans in Khaki, $118 — These Mott and Bow jeans feature a unique color versus other blue jeans in your rotation, making them a wise pick to shake up your spring style. Possibly the best men’s jeans out there.
- The Watch: Alsta Nautoscaph Superautomatic, $1,005 — This adventure-ready watch remasters the Richard Dreyfuss watch from Jaws, making it supremely cool and seriously ready for anything spring has in store.
- The Boots: Nisolo Andres All-Weather Boots, $260 — Spring weather can shift at any time, so you need a pair of the best leather boots for men, the kind that are weather-ready, stylish and ethically made. The Nisolo Andres Boots are here.
- The Belt: Adelante Shoe Co. Essential Leather Belt, $125 — This stylish leather belt is handcrafted in Guatemala by a fairly paid, skilled artisan, making it the ideal complementary accessory to the rest of this #OOTD.
- The Everyday Carry: Mission Workshop 500D Drift Tote, $265 — A rugged tote bag made for anything you can dream up, from hauling brewery cans to keeping your laptop safe while you head to an outdoor coffee shop? Sign me up (and just know that this Mission Workshop tote bag is exclusive to Huckberry, my friends).
Who’s got a newfound hankering for an outdoor stroll under some breezy spring sunlight? That sounds like just what the doctor ordered (along with wearing a mask, of course!), and these gear picks are here to help you get where you’re going. It all starts with your new favorite jacket from Huckberry, the kind of pick you can throw on and forget about (until you start receiving plentiful compliments, that is). For the office or for a bit of a polished-yet-casual feel on the weekend, your Mack Weldon Oxford Shirt is going to pull double-duty: We’re talking straightforward, subtle style and functionality.
Plus, you can wear said shirt atop that James Bond-approved T-shirt, unbuttoned, if the weather starts to warm up (Sunspel makes some of the best T-shirts for men in the game, no doubt). Rolling through the rest of this outfit, Mott and Bow jeans in a cool shade of Khaki offer a change of pace from the blue jeans you might normally wear, and a pair of the best leather boots for men seal it all together (literally — they’re waterproof) on your bottom half. If you want to invest a bit in your accessories for spring and well beyond, well, I can think of no better way than by picking up that iconic homage to the Richard Dreyfuss watch from Jaws, ehh? Even your handmade leather belt is a style upgrade that’s out of the ordinary. Of course, this #OOTD wouldn’t mean a thing without a rugged tote bag to haul your laptop, your notebook or other EDC essentials. If you like the look of this ensemble, let me know in the comments below. Stay stylish, stay safe and thanks for reading!