Is it just me, or is it drafty in here? Spring brings with it climbing temperatures, but also its fair share of chilly, breezy days, which is why we’re going to get into how to wear one of the best sweaters for men this spring, and from a revered designer at that. This certainly won’t be the last time you read about Billy Reid this week (seriously, check back on the blog tomorrow), and that’s all with very good reason. The Alabama-based designer makes some of the best style essentials for men, the kind of classic pieces that are subtly done but perfect beyond the surface level, and that includes one of the best men’s sweaters for spring, as you’re about to find out. This look also includes, naturally, some of the best casual style staples you’re going to find this season, including some of the best jeans for men (keep reading, trust me!).
The end result is an #OOTD that looks great any day of the week in these casual times, but it’s especially fitting for a weekend outdoor brunch or time spent hanging out with the family. Don’t overthink it and don’t overdo it, just use elevated casual pieces — like the Billy Reid Dover Crew — to turn your everyday dressing into something cool and classic. While it’s an investment, as you’ll find out, it’s one that’s going to pay off. And it all comes together in one of the best ways to wear a sweater for spring, if I do say so myself.
- The Sweater: Billy Reid Terry Dover Crew, $198 — You’re certainly investing in this Terry cotton sweater, but on breezy spring days, it’s one of the best men’s sweaters you’ll ever find. The distressed leather elbow patches are among the many standout touches.
- The Shirt: Faherty Brand Movement Shirt, $148 — Faherty has a knack for making the best men’s casual shirts out there, like this easy-to-layer stretch Oxford shirt that teams nicely with your Billy Reid sweater.
- The Denim: Filson Rail-Splitter Jeans in Medium Indigo, $165 –You’ve previously read about the Filson Rail-Splitter Jeans on the blog, and they’re back today with good reason. Exceptionally durable, incredibly well-made and utterly classic, they’re some of the best jeans for men this spring.
- The Boots: Huckberry x Coors Banquet Boots, $498 — How cool is this? Huckberry and Coors Banquet teamed up on some of the most rugged leather boots to wear all spring and into summer. A true winner in my book.
- The Socks: Mack Weldon Cashmere Extended Crew Socks, $68 — Hey, some of the best men’s boots call for some of the best socks for men, and this cashmere pair is as refined and stylish as it gets.
- The Watch: Timex Standard Leather Strap Watch, $79 — A cool elbow-patch sweater and rugged leather boots call for a classic leather watch to match, right? Right. This Timex leather strap watch is highly affordable, too.
- The Ballcap: Western Rise Versa Hat, $59 — Looking for a subtle, functional, stylish ballcap to wear on the daily? The Western Rise Versa Hat is the way to go, seeing as it’s made with four-way stretch fabric and is also waterproof and stain-resistant.
- The Everyday Carry: Hard Graft Cash & Coin Wallet, $175 — Want to minimize your daily carry as you hop around town on the weekends? Get this investment-level leather wallet, one of the coolest wallets for men I’ve laid eyes on in some time.
OK, folks. That’s all I’ve got for you today. Well, not quite. Let’s run it back one more time and explore what makes this #OOTD so essential for spring. It all starts off with the expertly crafted, investment-level Billy Reid Dover Crew, which is somewhat similar to your favorite casual crewneck sweatshirt, but with a ton more style points. It’s an ideal choice for casual weekend layering, especially alongside one of the best men’s casual shirts, a stretch Oxford you can wear to work (on Zoom) or out and about in town. And when the time does come to put on some jeans, make sure you’re doing it the right way: With a pair of the best jeans for men in a mid-wash finish that’s perfectly done.
Of course, it gets even better with a pair of rugged leather boots for durable performance no matter where your day takes you. The accessories are casual and crisp all at once, including a durable and highly affordable Timex leather strap watch, and you’re going to want to top things off with a stylish ballcap from Western Rise. I’d be remiss not to remind you again that you need a pair of the best socks for men to keep your feet comfortable and in proper form. Last but not least, you certainly won’t want to leave the house without a stylish leather wallet in tow. OK, now that’s really all there is. Thanks for reading, and enjoy the season!