It’s time to let your legs get some sun, folks, courtesy of the best shorts for men this season. Past #OOTD entries have gone a bit more rugged, but no less casual and cool, like how to wear chukka boots this summer. Others have even shown you how to wear lightweight chinos — as in, this guide on how to wear a henley for men. But with all that being said, we’re lightening things up and going even more casual and laidback than that. Consider this the first of many posts on how to wear shorts for men this summer — and not just any shorts, but the best men’s shorts. They’re comin’ at ya, naturally, from Huckberry. Would you expect anything else? I certainly hope not. We’re wearing ’em here (or rather, I’m recommending that you wear these shorts this way in the future) with other rugged, easygoing basics.
That makes this the kind of #OOTD fit for summer’s most lofty pursuits or its most basic, whatever that means for you. To me, it means record shopping and brewery hopping, cold beer in hand all the while (or at least, after I’ve got my records in hand). If you already know what the majority of your summer entails, and if it involves fun in the sun — which I guarantee it does — then my guide on how to wear shorts for summer should prove mighty handy. I won’t keep you here any longer, though. All the shopping tips you need for the best men’s shorts can be found below.
- The Shorts: Flint and Tinder 365 Shorts, $64 — I’ve talked plenty about the Flint and Tinder 365 Shorts, which come in both a 7-inch and a 9-inch inseam (think longer if you’re taller). Fact of the matter is, they’re the best shorts for men if you want effective, quality style.
- The Shirt: Wellen Hemp-Cotton Buttondown, $68 — Get yourself one of the most stylish sustainable shirts out there, with a neat pattern and breezy, eco-conscious fabric.
- The Light Jacket: Taylor Stitch Park Bomber, $228 — Now, it might be not cold enough on a typical day for this Taylor Stitch bomber jacket. But if it gets breezy or rainy, or even chilly when the sun goes down, you’ll want this retro bomber on your back.
- The Sneakers: Taylor Stitch x SeaVees Vista Sneakers, $88 — Consider this your recommendation to pre-fund this stylish sneakers right now, and then keep this full #OOTD around for inspiration this summer.
- The Socks: Proof 72-Hour Merino No-Show Socks, $28 — Those Taylor Stitch x SeaVees sneakers are going to need the best no-show socks around to keep ’em versatile and stylish — these are the pair to buy.
- The Watch: Alsta Nautoscaph Superautomatic, $1,005 — This isn’t the first time I’ve recommended this heirloom sport watch, and it won’t be the last. It’s an incredible way to add character and functional style to this #OOTD.
- The Sunglasses: Maui Jim Cruzem Sunglasses, $250 — How about these shades? The best pair of sunglasses for men are an absolute essential. Don’t leave home without them, to say the very least.
- The Everyday Carry: Filson Rugged Twill Original Brief, $325 — I can’t help but recommend a rugged Filson bag (one that’s also aptly named!) for your daily adventures this summer, anywhere you happen to go.
Are these tips helpful when it comes to how to wear shorts this summer? The key starts, first and foremost, with finding the best shorts for the occasion — in this case, a pair of shorts like the Flint and Tinder 365 Shorts, in an agreeable inseam and a classic color. They’re an ideal pairing with a piece that’s also an upgrade to your typical tee — one of the most stylish sustainable shirts ought to get the job done for breezy weekend style. Things don’t let up from there, though. Your Taylor Stitch bomber jacket is going to offer up lightweight comfort and necessary protection from the elements, all the while looking just great.
No #OOTD is complete without a pair of the best sneakers for men in the summer months, so your new Taylor Stitch x SeaVees sneakers are primed and ready for the occasion. Add in an heirloom sport watch, one that’s highly splurge-worthy, and you’ve just given this look a major shot in the arm. And while it might have been some time since you’ve worn Maui Jim sunglasses, why not give this ever-reliable brand a try once more? They look great to me, that much I know. Wrap it all up — and get from point A to point B — with a rugged Filson bag, the kind you’ll have for years and years to come. No matter where this #OOTD takes you, it’s going to take you there in style. See you out there, my friends.