For as hot as temperatures have been at times across much of the country, there’s still a good chance that things will cool off eventually. When the time comes, today’s #OOTD looking at how to wear a lightweight jacket is going to prove mighty handy. The key, as ever, is assembling the right menswear essentials around your ever-crucial lightweight jacket. Be it when the sun goes down at a bonfire or when a coastal breeze picks up, you’re going to want a rugged-yet-easy-to-layer jacket like the Taylor Stitch HBT Jacket on your back. It’s the centerpiece of today’s ensemble, made with a washed organic cotton for a fit and feel that’s broken-in right out of the box. It also comes in a cool Washed Olive colorway, all the better to wear with plenty of rugged and casual style picks (like your new favorite lightweight boots, for instance). Better still, many of these gear picks are on sale right now through the Taylor Stitch Summer Sale.
On the road, the Taylor Stitch HBT Jacket is going to come through quite effectively, what with pockets for your EDC essentials and a fit that’s more than easy to wear with one of the best men’s T-shirts or a classic chambray shirt in equal measure. Throw in the fact that the Taylor Stitch HBT Jacket is on sale right now through July 4th at Taylor Stitch, and this winning ensemble is nearly complete for unexpectedly windy summer days. You can even layer up this classic, durable jacket come fall, but let’s focus on how to wear a lightweight jacket right now, and the rest should take care of itself. Happy shopping and cheers to summer, folks.
- The Lightweight Jacket: Taylor Stitch HBT Jacket in Washed Olive, $117.98 (On Sale) — You really have struck gold as far as your new favorite jacket is concerned, seeing as this versatile number is discounted and absolutely perfect for summer layering.
- The T-Shirt: Taylor Stitch Cotton Hemp Tee in Natural, $24.50 (On Sale) — We’ll keep it rolling with a true double-whammy of Taylor Stitch style essentials, including this rugged, sustainable tee — one of the best T-shirts for men, no doubt about it.
- The Denim: Taylor Stitch Slim Jeans in Organic Selvage, $142.40 (On Sale) — The thing with the Taylor Stitch Summer Sale is that, well, it won’t be around for long, and these selvage jeans are a prime example of how quickly some of the best men’s denim will sell when it’s discounted.
- The Summer Boots: HELM Boots Whalen Chocolate Suede Boots, $250 — Casual summer outings call for lightweight suede boots, like this pair from HELM Boots. Leave these at home if your pursuits are more outdoor-inclined, but for the rest of the time, these are your new favorite summer boots. Remember, you can also get 15 percent off and free shipping on your first pair of HELM boots.
- The Socks: Mack Weldon Extended Cashmere Crew Socks, $68 — A pair of the best boots for men calls for some of the best men’s socks, correct? That’s absolutely right, and Mack Weldon is the perfect brand for the occasion.
- The Hat: Filson Washed Low-Profile Cap, $45 — Throw on this laidback, casual men’s ballcap as an added layer against any strong breezes or coastal sun. Because it’s Filson, it’s one of the best ballcaps around.
- The Sunglasses: Taylor Stitch Nelson Sunglasses, $298 — Now, these stylish men’s sunglasses aren’t on sale at the moment, but they’re very much worth the investment, because you’ll have these refined, unique shades for years and years to come. Wear them during a breezy day, then stow them in your Taylor Stitch HBT Jacket later.
- The Everyday Carry: Filson Duffle Pack, $245 — Think of this like one of the best everyday bags a man can own. Wherever you might be headed, especially if you need space for provisions, the Filson Duffle Pack is the one you need on the daily.
That’s going to wrap up this rugged, versatile and adventure-minded #OOTD in fine form. It’s got all the proper parts to make your summer outing as comfortable and stylish as possible, from day to night. It starts with the right jacket to take you through the day, especially if the morning starts a little chilly — that’d be your new favorite jacket , a lightweight cotton number washed for comfort. The Taylor Stitch Cotton Hemp Tee is the kind of essential men’s T-shirt you can wear all on its own or, crucially, layered up later on in the day, too. Both of those picks are on sale right now through the Taylor Stitch Summer Sale, as is another critical component of this ensemble: A pair of the best men’s denim, and one that’s perfectly broken-in, at that. You’re also lacing up your new favorite summer boots with comfort and dependable style in mind — they’re the perfect boots to get you around town or out of the city, thanks to HELM Boots. What would those boots be without a pair of Mack Weldon socks, though? Not much, and that’s where those cashmere crew socks prove so useful. You’ve also got on-point, go-anywhere accessories on lock with one of the best ballcaps around via Filson, plus the remarkable Taylor Stitch Nelson Sunglasses. Load up all the gear you need in the reliable Filson Duffle Pack, and this summer-ready look is about as good as it gets. Stay cool and stylish out there, my friends.