Editor’s note: Expect these posts once a week on Fridays — consider this a jumpstart on reading for your weekend downtime. Expect a mix of style and non-style content. For more entries, click here.
So I’ve spent most of the past week recovering from a whirlwind (fun, but whirlwind!) trip to Los Angeles, which featured great beer, nice menswear shopping and some stellar food, too. And it’s a doubly exciting weekend this go-round — I’m happy to welcome my mom and her friends into NYC (Hi, Mom!) to show them both some nice attractions in Manhattan and closer to home, Brooklyn’s best beer haunts — among other standout locations. And it’s starting to feel just a bit more like my favorite time of year, fall — good thing you’ve got your fall sweater game on lock, yeah? It’s also a nice time to plan out trips for the rest of the year — are you taking any exciting vacations? I’m personally excited to swing back through my home state of Michigan in a few weeks’ time. Let me know in the comments what your fall plans are! But before you skim to the bottom, know that the good stuff is right in front of you. Let’s hop to it!
- GQ’s British brethren recap all of the stellar accessories that James Bond will rock in SPECTRE — and it’s quite the rundown of expensive, drool-worthy brands.
- Maxim asks, bluntly, who is Christophe Lemaire and why did his collaboration with Uniqlo sell out so quickly?
- If you’re a sneakerhead, this one’s for you: Selectism covers P.F. Flyers’ latest collaboration, a set of vintage-inspired duck canvas sneakers done up in partnership with menswear emporium Brooklyn Circus.
- Style Read of the Week: Forgive me if your eyeballs pop out when reading this next one — the New York Times examines the curious case of the Greubel Forsey Quadruple Tourbillion, an $815,000 watch. Yes. That name. But also: $815,000.
Get more from the menswear world by checking out the below!
- Feast your eyes on my newest GearHungry post, which covers the latest boot release from Rancourt — a special Chromexcel leather pair produced in collaboration with menswear goods retailer Huckberry — they’re something!
- Learn everything you need to know about an up-and-coming menswear retailer doing great things out West — if you haven’t heard of STAG Provisions, you’ll (hopefully) be intrigued by my latest VOUCH Mag piece.