Editor’s note: Expect these posts once a week on Fridays — consider this a jumpstart on reading for your weekend downtime. Expect a mix of style and non-style content. For more entries, click here.
While last week was a big one (for me, at least), with the second iteration of #NYFWM, perhaps this week has been a big one for you. After all, Valentine’s Day is upon us! What are you set to wear? Here’s your Valentine’s Day style suggestion. And do you have a gift all sorted out? If not, best get to it with these Valentine’s Day gift suggestions for that special someone. And if you have all of that in order, congrats! Enjoy what’s hopefully a three-day weekend! But before you get going on that last-minute shopping and outfit wrangling, catch up on some menswear (and yes, non-menswear) news. I won’t bug you for too much longer — after all, there are gifts to buy! Look for a Monday product review covering the standout Color No. 8 Diplomat Boot from Thursday Boots, followed by another sharp #OOTD entry and of course, the usual weekly content here at The Style Guide. Stay stylish!
- This could come in handy in advance of Valentine’s Day, as GQ offers some standout layering tips courtesy of Ryan Reynolds — huge fan of that electric blue cardigan.
- It might not quite be spring yet, but Apolis still is offering up its Civilian Travel Suiting bundles for a nice deal — within the higher-end market, that is.
- Get away on a tropical vacation (or at least, start dreaming of one) by checking out the first in a series of global travel and adventure videos from the fine folks behind lifestyle brand Reef.
Long(ish) Read of the Week: Harry Potter fans, rejoice! Unless you’ve been living under a rock (apologies if so), Time and others have reported that the script for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child — the play, that is — will be published in book form later this summer, and released, fittingly enough, on Harry Potter’s birthday! So exciting.
On the hunt for more to read? Look right here.
- The newly revamped VOUCH Mag is up-and-running in a big way — check out my latest feature on the best boots to survive winter, and keep an eye out for some brands you might recognize.
- Here’s a new one, too — never lose your umbrella again with the BLUNT + Tile Traceable Umbrella; it was neat to learn more about it for GearHungry.