Editor’s note: Expect these posts once a week on Fridays — consider this a jumpstart on reading for your weekend downtime. Expect a mix of style and non-style content. For more entries, click here.
So, did you survive Coachella last weekend? (Kidding? Maybe? If you went, how was it?) And how about this past week? It was another one that flew by, what with several press previews to check out from some great brands, ranging from Herschel to Jason Scott (the brand’s 8th Avenue store is very much worth a look if ever you find yourself in NYC, and the knitwear is exceptionally soft). On another press preview-related note, if you haven’t given the folks at AVI-8 Watches a look, their military-inspired timepieces are rugged, durable, and sure to get better in the coming montsh. It’s exciting to be able to see what’s happening in the menswear world at large, and you can look for a lot of that content in the coming weeks and months via my writing work at The Manual! And with fall press previews already ramping up, that means another thing in this moment, more importantly — spring is officially here (confusing, right?). If you’re heading out on a spring bar crawl, we’ve got some gear to get you ready. And if you’re wondering what to wear for a casual spring weekend, knock yourself out. I hope the weather’s nice in your neck of the woods — we’ve got a great one in the works here. Get some styling inspiration for yourself (if need be) via my Instagram. And stay stylish in the meantime!
- High fashion often leaves something out of the equation for those of us more interested in matters purely related to “style” — so the swirling rumors that a high-fashion designer (or designers) might join the more everyman-focused Calvin Klein are pretty interesting, to say the least.
- Do you have a great pair of classic white sneakers in your arsenal as of yet? Men’s Journal recommends the five best pairs of white sneakers to wear this spring.
- Long Read of the Week: It was big news in my neck of the woods when it was announced that Axl Rose would replace Brian Johnson in AC/DC. If you’re a hard rock fan (read: A fan of one of the greatest bands in the world, for that matter), Brian himself. issued a really heartbreaking letter about how his hearing issues forced him to stop performing in AC/DC. Tough stuff to read — if you’re in a tough spot as to what to do about your tickets, that makes two of us!
But wait, there’s more menswear!
- There’s perhaps no brand associated more with the water — and uniquely styled looks built around that environment — than SWIMS. Learn about the brand’s Spring 2016 collection via my post this week at The Manual!
- Grab a sharp pair of spring sneakers via this very Web site — if you missed that post when it originally ran, we’ll give you a pass (this time).
Enjoy the weekend, folks!
Thanks, as always, for reading,