We do our best to get you up to speed on how to best wear your favorite summer style essentials, no matter the situation or the season. Sometimes though, that approach needs a bit of refining — like when it’s, quite simply, hot as hell outside. That’s why today’s #OOTD — all about how to wear a T-shirt with a stylish blazer — is going to be both unique and remarkably handy in the weeks ahead. We’re starting to hit the dog days of summer, when it can feel simply impossible to step out of the house without dripping sweat immediately. That’s why we’ve got a sort of mini-style hack of sorts. Take your favorite cotton blazer, then pair it up with something unexpected — not your classic Oxford shirt, but instead, a lightweight T-shirt that’ll offer breathabilty and a nice mix of tailored, polished style. This is the sort of combo that’s going to work both at the office and out for drinks on the weekend — exactly the right way to mix up your summer style essentials as these hot days drag on. I think you’ll be surprised at the versatility and sharp style you get with an #OOTD like this — to say the least! Let’s go on, shall we?
- The T-shirt: Flint and Tinder Supima AirKnit Tee, $29 — Here’s your secret summer style weapon — a slim T-shirt made with excellent fabric from Flint and Tinder. Breathable, cool and comfortable.
- The Blazer: Taylor Stitch Telegraph Blazer in Everyday Navy, $348 — A stylish navy blazer is a four-season essential, and the versatile fabric and excellent color of the Taylor Stitch Telegraph Blazer makes it summer-friendly.
- The Chinos: Taylor Stitch Slim Chinos in British Khaki, $98 — One way to elevate your tee-and-blazer combo? Reaching for slim chinos, also from Taylor Stitch. The brand knows what’s up, quite simply.
- The Sneakers: Rancourt & Co. Carson Mid Sneakers, $185 — Switch things up from the norm with classic high-top sneakers from Rancourt & Co. — anonther secret summer style weapon.
- The Belt: Cause and Effect Belt in Vintage, $130 — As I always say, the difference is in the details when it comes to accessories — a stylish leather belt is going to add a touch more visual interest to this ensemble.
- The Grooming Essential: O’Doud’s Custom Grooming Package, $66 — One package, tons of men’s grooming essentials for summer and well beyond. That’s a job well-done by O’Doud’s, certainly.
- The Watch: Nezumi Studios Bailene Watch, $500 — An ensemble such as this one, which is equal parts and casual and polished, calls for a stylish leather watch that fits those same vibes. The Bailene Watch does that.
- The Sunglasses: RAEN Wiley A Sunglasses, $160 — No outfit, especially one that’s casual and cool, is complete without an essential pair of stylish men’s sunglasses — like the unique RAEN Wiley Sunglasses.
How’s that for a new way to rethink your next summer #OOTD? I’m telling you, it’s possible to stay cool and still look sharp this season, and it often starts with the right summer style essentials — take, for instance, the colorful Flint and Tinder tee shown at the top of the page. That tee then gets a major upgrade alongside the Taylor Stitch Telegraph Blazer, an easy-to-wear staple that very nicely complements the handsome, slightly rugged Taylor Stitch Slim Chinos in British Khaki. To switch things up even further, I’d call for you to throw on a pair of classic high-top sneakers from Rancourt & Co.— they’re the ultimate style swerve when worn with printed Anonymousism socks and a stylish leather belt. Your grooming also deserves an easy-to-make summer style upgrade — the O’Doud’s Custom Grooming Package more than ably provides that. And since you’re following the blog regularly, you know that I absolutely advocate for wearing a stylish leather watch— the Bailene Watch is simply perfect in that regard. Last but not least, give this outfit a final shot of cool with the RAEN Wiley Sunglasses — we’re talking standout style from head to toe. Ready to face the summer heat? Of course you are.