You might have a picture-perfect idea of the type of day for which today’s #OOTD might fit. It’s a little bit brisk, but not too much so … it’s sunny … but it might rain later … and you’re looking forward to indulging in some early spring sunshine and perhaps, a classic spring beer. So, what are you wearing? Well, let’s start things out with a stylish rain jacket that just so happens to be weather-ready, then let’s add a slim cashmere sweater, a classic Taylor Stitch shirt, and travel-friendly pants. How does that sound? Not bad, right? The key with dressing for a breezy spring day involves recognizing that you’ll need to be prepared for anything — brunch could lead to a farmer’s market trip, which could lead to patio beers. Or, heck, you might just be wondering what to wear to the office this spring. At any rate, I feel confident the below gear picks will suffice. That goes for the durable waterproof boots we’re recommending, along with the classic field watch on your wrist. I think you’ll be that much more ready for the season when you read all about the rest of today’s men’s style essentials below. Now, who’s ready for a Founders Solid Gold?
- The Stylish Rain Jacket: Proof Storm Shield Parka, $297.98 — Like we said, it’s breezy and rainy out there. This dependable parka from Proof will keep you dry and won’t slow you down.
- The Sweater: Wills Classic Cashmere Crewneck, $160 — Lightweight-yet-sharp layers are crucial in the way of spring style essentials — and a slim cashmere crewneck definitely fits the bill.
- The Shirt: Taylor Stitch The Jack Shirt in White Reverse Jacquard, $125 — We sure do love the fit and look of the Taylor Stitch Jack Shirt — it’ll stand out nicely underneath your new favorite spring sweater.
- The Pants: Proof Rover Pants, $98 — We’ve talked in the past about how to wear the Proof Rover Pants (to your favorite brewery!), but this #OOTD shakes it up a bit — we’re all about mobility, comfort & style.
- The Boots: Tricker’s Low Leg Logger Boots, $525 — When you want to fight spring rain, turn toward these rugged leather boots, finished with wax for extra water resistance. Tricker’s delivers again.
- The Stylish Socks: Topo Designs Town Socks, $18 — It’s all about keeping your accessories stylish yet subtle — these Topo Designs socks also happen to be mighty comfortable.
- The Watch: UNIMATIC U1-E Watch, $615 — For style on the go, it doesn’t get better than a tough field watch — this UNIMATIC watch stands up to the elements.
- The Everyday Bag: WP Standard Canvas Travel Tote, $289 — Last but certainly not least, we turn to our friends at WP Standard to deliver what just might be the perfect spring travel bag. Or the perfect bag for your commute. You get the picture.
It’s not every day you get to put together an ensemble full of men’s style essentials to take you through plenty of different style situations — just like the picks shown above. It all comes together thanks to the functional rain jacket from Proof, perfect for taking on spring showers or simply serving as another layer when the temperature dips unexpectedly. From there, it only gets better: A slim cashmere crewneck is a lightweight, comfortable layer atop the Taylor Stitch Jack Shirt, and if it gets too hot out? Simply ditch the sweater. The Proof Rover Pants are also a winning essential, made to move with you no matter where your day takes you. The same can certainly be said for the dependable, rugged leather boots from Tricker’s shown here — pair them up with a set of Topo Designs socks for all-day comfort. When it comes to your everyday carry, you can never go wrong with a tough field watch — ideal for the office or your favorite brewpub. And what to bring along to keep all your gear safe? That’s easy. Simply reach for what could be the the perfect spring travel bag from WP Standard. There we go! What’s your take on this early spring #menswear ensemble? Let me know via Twitter. Cheers!