Maybe you’ve got a very specific look in mind when it comes to a stylish short-sleeve shirt — and perhaps, it just so happens to be a look that’s not actually stylish (Think: Maybe the short-sleeve shirts your dad used to wear?). We’re stepping it up in a big way today for the rest of summer, introducing you to what could just be your favorite short-sleeve shirt — and it should come as no surprise that it comes from Taylor Stitch in a handsome indigo fabric. See, it’s already a major improvement from other short-sleeve shirts. The best short-sleeve shirts on the market actually offer more versatility than you think, giving you the option to wear them to a rooftop cocktail hour or even to the office on a casual Friday — that’s the case with the Taylor Stitch Jack Shirt as seen below, at least. It’s the same fit you know and love, done in a way that just works for summer (namely, the lack of fabric on your arms). And when you pair it with slim chinos from Flint and Tinder, plus a sleek pair of refined leather slip-ons, you’re looking at a shirt that’s seriously sharp — not sloppy (a la Dwight Schrute). We’re even mixing in a stylish leather dress watch for good measure. The whole #OOTD below is visually interesting and versatile, fitting for a weekend patio dinner or weeknight rooftop drinks — or, again, a day at the office (the Taylor Stitch Jack Shirt never fails). Rethink what you thought you knew about the short-sleeve shirt, then let’s get down to business.
- The Shirt: Taylor Stitch Short-Sleeve Jack Shirt in Mini Indigo Waffle, $98 — Your favorite menswear brand is now making your favorite short-sleeve shirt in a handsome indigo fabric — a perfect way to switch things up.
- The Classic Chinos: Flint and Tinder Cool Chinos, $98 — Ditch the heavy pleated chinos of days gone by and opt for sleek, slim chinos from Flint and Tinder — lightweight and breezy to keep you cool.
- The Stylish Slip-Ons: Nisolo Alejandro Woven Slip-Ons, $178 — These refined leather slip-ons are the right way to switch up your summer footwear — wear them out to a lovely patio dinner.
- The Watch: Lonegrade HDR140 Watch, $415 — While you could go with a casual NATO strap watch, this stylish leather dress watch from Lonegrade keeps things refined.
- The Everyday Essentials: Bespoke Post Worn Box, $45 — For a stylish night on the town, reach for the Bespoke Post Worn Box, featuring a slim leather belt and a handy money clip — easy as that.
- The Sunglasses: Garrett Leight Brooks 47 Sunglasses, $395 — Again, with refinement and versatility in mind, these stylish sunglasses are newly iconic, and perhaps some of the best men’s sunglasses around.
- The Grooming Essential: Duke Cannon Solid Cologne Kit, $75 — Step up yoiur scents with one of three options from Duke Cannon — their Solid Cologne is a personal favorite, and it’ll keep you smelling great even in the heat.
- The Essential Basic: Flint and Tinder Heritage Boxer Briefs, $28 — Take care of all the details that matter with the lauded Flint and Tinder Heritage Boxer Briefs.
So, do you think you’ve found your favorite short-sleeve shirt quite yet? Or a new way to wear it? Hopefully — and ideally, it’ll pair up nicely with slim chinos from Flint and Tinder for a nice mix of high-low style. When you use a slim short-sleeve shirt in rich indigo fabric as the base of your outfit, you’re setting the tone quite nicely — again, this isn’t a short-sleeve shirt of years past. You’re also making it clear that things are different when it comes to your refined leather slip-ons — dressier than white canvas sneakers, more laidback and summer-friendly than lace-up leather brogues. The rest of your accessories should also set the tone for a summer cocktail hour or a weekend dinner, from your stylish leather dress watch to a pair of the best men’s sunglasses — yes, that’s right. The best. The key with this entire ensemble comes in sticking to your guns: Keeping things summer-friendly and casual, yet cool. Duke Cannon’s Solid Cologne is an underrated grooming essential to take this look to the next level, and the Bespoke Post Worn Box, with a handsome money clip, keeps things nice and streamlined. How else to close out this #OOTD? Why, with a pair of the Flint and Tinder Heritage Boxer Briefs as an essential basic. Looking forward to the rest of summer? I know I am.