As the thermostat starts to climb, you’re probably looking for a little bit of relief from the heat, and you probably want to leave your stylish hoodie behind (trust me, I know the feeling). I’ve got just the right way for you to do that in today’s #OOTD, which is going to school you — or at least, jog your memory — in the fine art of how to wear a short-sleeve shirt for summer. I guarantee that you didn’t forget, despite the numbingly cold winter. It’ll be fun, stylish and functional, as always.
The key here really comes from Filson’s rugged short-sleeve shirt, the kind you can wear any day of the week (yes, even on that Zoom call, or even when you head back to a casual, slightly less crowded day at the office — and then to a rooftop gathering with friends thereafter). And when you really want to get out in the field — trying a new BBQ joint, taking on a day hike, grabbing another ice-cold beer, and so on — the remarkable Filson Field Short-Sleeve Shirt is going to prove impactful and highly ready for business (or leisurely pursuits, more likely). It gets even better when you consider the blend of classic and cool on display here, which includes some throwback layering atop one of the best white T-shirts for men. Go forth, keep it casual, keep it cool and keep it stylish this spring and summer.
- The Short-Sleeve Shirt: Filson Field Short-Sleeve Shirt, $68 — You better believe that Filson’s rugged short-sleeve shirt is one of the best out there. It’s made from a midweight cotton with military-grade buttons. Go on and wear the heck out of this one.
- The Casual Tee: Buck Mason Slub Classic Pocket Tee, $40 — This isn’t your average summer look. Leave the Filson Field Short-Sleeve Shirt unbuttoned atop one of the very best T-shirts for men.
- The Pants: Marine Layer Saturday Pants, $125 — Want the appeal of classic chinos with the comfort of sweatpants? These stylish drawstring pants are the right way to go, and no one will be all the wiser, whether at the outdoor cocktail bar or a laidback office.
- The Chukka Boots: Astorflex Greenflex Chukka Boots, $175 — Leave the sandals at home in favor of classic suede chukka boots that pair well with anything, anywhere (yes, even stylish drawstring pants).
- The Watch: Marathon MSAR Watch, $850 — Look, there are times when a guy just needs one of the most versatile watches out there, and this stainless steel watch is reliable day in and day out.
- The Sunglasses: Persol PO3193S via GlassesUSA.com, $185.60 — Get some of the best men’s sunglasses on the market for 20 percent off with the code PREMIUM20. Of course, Persol makes legendary eyewear, and this #OOTD is all the better for it.
- The Craft Beer Pick: GrowlerWerks uKeg Go, $99 — Be it filling up yoru favorite craft beer or bringing along some libations to that long-awaited first summer gathering, this durable portable growler is an excellent move (take it from a big craft beer fan).
- The Everyday Carry: Mystery Ranch 3-Way Briefcase, $150 — Long spring and summer weekend days call for gear that can handle plenty, like one of the best everyday carry bags from Mystery Ranch. Whatever you have in mind (even if it’s playing hooky from your home office), this bag can take you there.
With plentiful picks from the likes of the new arrivals section at Huckberry and well beyond, I declare this spring-ready #OOTD a surefire winner. It nearly goes without saying — but I’ll mention it anyways — that Filson’s rugged short-sleeve shirt makes all the difference here, with pockets for your everyday carry and classic style in spades. Go ahead and throw it on over one of the best T-shirts for men in a crisp white colorway, all the better to channel some retro style. You can definitely get away with wearing classic suede chukka boots anywhere you please, but particularly if you’ve got to polish up your short-sleeve shirt on a casual Friday.
The whole look gets a bit of polish, plus some easygoing style, with a pair of stylish drawstring pants to wear day in and day out. Throw on a trusty stainless steel watch for a masterclass in versatile style, whether your plans involve the BBQ or a brewery. Haul along a durable portable growler for weekend fun in the sun, too. Of course, that’s where a pair of the best sunglasses for men, from Persol, come into play (remember the code PREMIUM20 for 20 percent off). And whatever’s on your to-do list, the demands of the day are easily met with style and functionality in mind thanks to one of the best everyday carry bags out there. Happy shopping, cheers to spring and summer, and we’ll see you out there.