Cheers, my friends, to the impending start of Labor Day weekend. Let’s kick it off with a choice beverage via Swag Brewery’s Probably Whiskey Mugs at Cool Material — perfect for a camping trip, a cabin weekend or a bonfire. But back to Labor Day: Can you believe it’s here already? As I always tend to say when the summer wraps up, it feels like we were just talking about the best summer shorts or the best way to wear boat shoes. Rest assured, both of those tips will still come in handy, because of course, it’s prime time to close out the season the right way. So, here we are.
Be it the best grilling essentials for Labor Day weekend or, say, a new way to wear a denim shirt, it’s all below in today’s Friday Read. Those picks today will also include a stylish watch from the well-appointed UNCRATE Supply Shop, which holds a bevy of the best gear picks for men. Of course, there’s one thing you should also take care of before and during the weekend, and that’s getting your favorite beer delivered right to your door. You’ll see this in future posts here on the blog, but I’ve taken to using Drizly alcohol delivery to get my favorite craft beers in a flash, along with whiskey and much more.
Speaking of gear picks for men, have you had the honor of subscribing to my newsletter, The Style Guide In Brief? Of course, I only kid. But if you want a bit more of The Style Guide than I’ve got room for here, from indie rock to coffee to the best gear picks, twice a week, do yourself a favor and subscribe. I’ve featured favorite bands like Future Islands and The War On Drugs alongside some of my favorite boots and more. It’s a good time, guaranteed.
How will you be enjoying your weekend? I’m going to be capping my time off in Florida in relaxing fashion, heading to Orlando to (safely) see my sister, and what’s more, experience (safely!) Universal Orlando Studios. It’s always a favorite of the Hayhoe family, especially The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (a huge part of my childhood!). To follow along with all my adventures in style, be sure to follow me on Instagram. For now, I’m off to kick back, listen to the new album by The Killers and enjoy what’s (probably) some coffee. Cheers & thank you for reading!
- To start your weekend on time and in style, I’m going to go ahead and point you in the direction of UNCRATE, one of the best gear Web sites for men. They stock, sell and write about pieces like the unstoppable (and highly affordable) Timex Navi XL Red Bezel Automatic Watch, a seriously durable and rugged timepiece that’s one of the coolest watches to buy right now. Heck, it looks quite a bit like a much more price-friendly version of a Tudor Black Bay, does it not? Gear up accordingly, folks.
- We haven’t migrated into full-on “snow boots” territory quite yet — not even close, thankfully — so for now, stylish high-top sneakers are still on the table. Especially for Labor Day weekend, my friends. If you want a surprisingly luxurious pair of high-top sneakers, why not consider the FRYE Walker Midlace Sneakers, a worthwhile investment that you can wear with denim or chinos and your favorite Oxford shirt. These FRYE sneakers are also made with waxed vintage suede and feature rawhide laces for seriously cool style. If I were you, I’d strike while the iron’s hot to get your new favorite fall sneakers.
- It’s here: One of the best sales for Labor Day Weekend, and it’s coming at you courtesy of NYC’s own Freemans Sporting Club. Take 50 percent off all styles at the Freemans Sporting Club End-of-Season Sale — that includes the best pocket T-shirt and the best men’s chore coat, both as previously featured on the blog.
- More good news for those who love Labor Day Weekend sales — you can get up to 70 percent off at Faherty Brand during Faherty’s Epic Summer Sale. How about that, folks? Oh, and no code is needed. Cheers!
- Let’s keep it rolling with yet another Labor Day Weekend sale, folks. Los Angeles-based PAIGE is giving you 20 percent off sitewide with the code LaborDay2020, and you should also use that code to check out the brand’s new fall collection. How about it, my friends?
- Hey hey, with Labor Day weekend on the way, it would behoove you to pick up some of the best essentials for grilling, would it not? Head to GearMoose to stock up ASAP on all the Labor Day weekend grilling picks you can get your hands on.
- It wouldn’t be The Friday Read if I didn’t direct you toward one of the best ways to dress for late summer and early fall, would it? Head to a recent #OOTD post here on the blog to get my guide to wearing a denim shirt (and of course, rugged Red Wing Heritage boots) as temperatures start to shift this fall.
Let’s close this thing out by talking about early fall style, OK? I’ve got a pair of rugged leather boots for you right now that’ll come in handy on September adventures, as well as when the weather takes a turn for the worse in the season ahead. The Taylor Stitch Moto Boots are about as good as it gets if you want some of the best leather boots for men, and that’s just a fact. Read my full Taylor Stitch boots review for more. As always, thank you again for reading — have a great weekend and let’s look toward fall in style. I’ll raise a glass to that!