You wake up one morning, and you know: Fall is well and truly here. You open your window, that crisp, cold air hits … and immediately, your mind jumps to your lovingly stored jackets and sweaters. It’s time, once again, to really start dressin’. How exactly are you going to do that? It’s simple, really. Start with one of the best waxed trucker jackets as sold by Huckberry, then go from there. The fall season already looks mighty different (no college football, for one), but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dress to experience the pleasures of fall — a to-go brewery trip or a socially distanced orchard visit might be the norm these days, but today’s #OOTD has all the stops covered. To wit: We’re talking even more of the best picks for fall, so as to ensure you’ve got day-to-night style on lock. That means a stylish merino henley and a Levi’s western shirt, for starters. From there, we’re lacing up tough leather boots and throwing on a Shinola leather watch. The overall effect is rugged and functional without going overboard — and it’s going to look great on many a chilly fall day, guaranteed. Check out the full look below, and as ever, head to Instagram to see how I’m dressing this fall. Cheers!
- The Waxed Trucker Jacket: Flint and Tinder Flannel-Lined Waxed Trucker Jacket, $240 — That’s right. This is the tough waxed trucker jacket you know and love, and one you’ll wear all fall. This Flint and Tinder waxed jacket truly takes the cake, folks. Get it ASAP.
- The Henley: Proof 72-Hour Merino Henley, $98 — The perfect base layer for fall could just be this stylish merino henley. Comfortable, effective and easy to wear.
- The Denim Shirt: Levi’s Barstow Western Shirt, $70 via Uncrate — Add this rugged Western shirt to your fall style rotation in a hurry. If it’s sold by Uncrate, you can be sure it passes muster.
- The Pants: Topo Designs Dirt Pants, $98 — Wondering about the best men’s pants for fall? Why not go sustainable, stylish, rugged and yet effortlessly cool with the Topo Designs Dirt Pants? Made from a blend of organic cotton and spandex, they’re some of the most sustainable pants for men you can buy now.
- The Boots: FRYE Bowery Light Lace-Up Boots, $298 — If you’ve been in search of some of the best leather boots for fall, well, now’s the time to snap up these rugged FRYE leather boots. Wear ’em darn near anywhere this season.
- The Watch: Shinola Runwell Watch, $550 — My friends, the famed Shinola Runwell Watch is back in stock, and truly better than ever. A rugged leather watch never fails, does it? Nope.
- The Headphones: Master & Dynamic MW60 Wireless Headphone, $449 via Uncrate — Whenever I head out on a park stroll or a jaunt around Brooklyn, I take some of the best wireless headphones with me. These Master & Dynamic headphones are the perfect way to soundtrack a walk in the woods.
- The Everyday Carry: Filson Medium Rugged Twill Field Bag, $350 — Particularly if you’re getting out of town on an adventure, you need one of the best travel bags. This Filson twill bag is well-suited for auto-minded road trips.
Can you feel it in the air? Fall’s best adventures are ahead of us yet, I just know it. When you make a Flint and Tinder waxed jacket the centerpiece of your outfit, only good things are in store — in my humble opinion. This look gets a rugged shot in the arm via both a rugged Western shirt and of course, perhaps the perfect base layer for fall — they’re going to work in harmony to keep you warm and comfortable on the go, no matter what (and when you need to take your trucker jacket off, you can rest assured knowing you still look put together). For mobile, adventure-ready style that works from the trail to the brewery, the Topo Designs Dirt Pants are the right way to go (note the drawstring waistband for comfort). Those straight-fit cotton pants should sit mighty nicely atop some of the best leather boots for fall, a pair coming at you courtesy of FRYE. There’s also never a bad time to throw on the Shinola Runwell Watch, one that works with rugged gear picks like these — as well as dressier fall style situations (when those do occur, that is to say).
If you’re rolling solo and enjoy having a podcast or your favorite indie rock in your headphones, then Master & Dynamic headphones are the only way to go here (wireless functionality makes ’em well-suited for plenty of fall excursions). And of course, to haul your everyday carry essentials, a Filson twill bag is the right move. What’s your take on this look? And where will it take you this fall? Be sure to let me know on Twitter. Again, thanks for reading!