As the calendar rolls along, perhaps you’ve realized that you’re stuck in a rut when it comes to the men’s style essentials you’re wearing, not to mention your layering and your #OOTD ideas. That’s precisely where the Todd Snyder Italian Two-Pocket Utility Shirt in Denim enters the equation, complete with the sort of rugged style that’ll make you forget about the same two or three shirts you’ve been wearing off and on this winter (hey, we’ve all been there). Take care to mix and match the right essentials, and you’ll find this look is even more versatile than you first thought. The Todd Snyder denim shirt is transformed into a reliable layering piece with the addition of one of the best pocket T-shirts as your base layer, and it’s all topped off with a waxed canvas jacket that’s simply primed for standout style, plus plenty of winter warmth. You can choose work pants or denim on your bottom (we’re going with rugged work pants, as you’ll see below), but one thing you can’t skimp on is a pair of the best winter boots for men — don’t worry, we’ve got you covered there.
When you put the pieces of this look together, you’re ready for safe day trips out of town, weekends at a cabin retreat, outdoor brewery visits or socially distanced cocktails in the depths of winter. And when it comes time to ditch that jacket, take off your boots and fire up your computer, the rest of these pieces will keep on working for you. When you need a change of pace in your shirting rotation, look to this #OOTD )(and one of the best denim shirts) to get you set on the right path. Keep on scrolling for the full look, folks.
- The Denim Shirt: Todd Snyder Italian Two-Pocket Utility Shirt in Denim, $198 — The right denim shirt is one that’s burly and rugged, made to be layered with ease. This Todd Snyder denim shirt checks all the proper boxes, folks.
- The Base Layer: Dehen 1920 Pocket Tee, $58 via UNCRATE — Winter weather can be unrelenting, which is why you need to add another layer here in the form of one of the best T-shirts for men (and it’s perfect to wear on a Zoom call underneath this denim shirt, too).
- The Waxed Jacket: Buck Mason Dry Waxed Canvas Highland Jacket, $275 — The real key here is this blanket flannel-lined chore coat for rugged outings aplenty. You can also read more about this waxed canvas jacket here.
- The Pants: Filson Dry Tin Cloth 5-Pocket Pants, $135 — Thinking about picking up a pair of Filson pants after reading this post, perhaps? These rugged Filson Dry Tin Cloth Pants are perfect for yard work, day hikes, brewery beer garden visits … you name it.
- The Boots: Blundstone Super 550 Boots, $200 — These Blundstone boots are a stone-cold classic, with decades worth of heritage, comfort and rugged style built right in. Step out accordingly, my friends.
- The Socks: Mack Weldon Boot Crew Socks, $14.50 — The good folks at Mack Weldon make some of the best boot socks for men — these should provide all-day comfort and solid style.
- The Watch: Timex Navi Land Fabric Strap Watch, $140 — Rugged and affordable is the name of the game when it comes to Timex men’s watches, and the Timex Navi Land Watch can take a beating & look great, all at once.
- The Hat: Barbour Carlton Beanie, $50 — Cruise through Huckberry to pick up one of the best men’s beanie caps, then stay nice and warm all day long.
If you ask me, I’d say you’re more than ready for whatever winter throws your way — that is, if you follow the guidelines above. The right denim shirt, in this case, a refined-yet-tough Todd Snyder denim shirt, works as well outside the house and in the field as it does when posted up in front of your computer (remember, that’s where one of the best pocket T-shirts enters your #OOTD). The Buck Mason waxed canvas jacket is going to provide crucial warmth and durability for excursions in and out of town (or just another round of beers underneath the brewery garden heat lamps, right?). Your Filson Dry Tin Cloth Pants can pull just as much double duty as your favorite jeans, so wear ’em as often as you please this season.
The same can be said for those Blundstone men’s boots, which are easy to slide on and yet hard-nosed when dealing with the demands of a wintry environment. The right boots are nothing, however, without some of the best boot socks for men, geared to give you comfort and good looks all day and night long. And for performance that simply won’t quit, go with the Timex Navi Land Watch on your wrist. Talk about a tough-as-nails timepiece, ehh? Top it all off with one of the best men’s beanie caps, then start planning where your next cold-weather pursuit will take you this season. Stay safe out there, my friends.