The dog days of summer can present more than a few hurdles as far as wearing your favorite style essentials is concerned. For instance, what if you’ve been feeling like your daily dressing is getting a bit stale? My advice: Shake things up, add a summer-friendly and unexpected layer, and reap the rewards. Enter today’s #OOTD, featuring the best denim jacket for men on the market. How and why is it the best men’s denim jacket? I’m glad you asked, dear reader. It comes to you from the well-appointed digital shelves at Huckberry, and to get even more specific, it’s made by Flint and Tinder. That means it shares the same DNA as the famous Flint and Tinder Trucker Jacket, yet it’s just done up in a lightweight, summer-ready design these days. Think of this ensemble as another take on how to wear a lightweight jacket for summer, because it can definitely be done.
It’s unlined and made from indigo denim, so it should act more like a pair of light wash jeans (on your top half, that is) than the waxed cotton Flint and Tinder trucker jacket. This is a summer alternative to that same jacket, with all the cool style points you need for outdoor festivals, cool summer evenings and round after round of beers at your favorite brewery. It’ll work especially well with the new menswear essentials you’ll find throughout the rest of today’s #OOTD, including cool-as-can-be high-top sneakers, one of the best men’s leather belts, a covetable watch and much more. To keep it simple, the best men’s denim jacket is a proper and nearly perfect way to change up how you dress this summer. The rest of my guide is below – cheers!
- The Denim Jacket: Flint and Tinder Denim Trucker Jacket, $128 — The rich indigo denim and midweight construction come together to make this a rugged denim jacket that wears nice and lightweight, not overly heavy. It’s as cool over an Oxford shirt as it is atop your favorite henley. Speaking of…
- The Henley: Flint and Tinder Short-Sleeve Slub Henley, $78 — There’s nothing quite like teaming a rugged short-sleeve henley with an equally rugged denim jacket, is there? This Flint and Tinder henley looks great on its own or layered up.
- The Pants: Flint and Tinder Lightweight Stretch Chinos, $96.98 — Get a pair of the best men’s chinos under $100 to really round out this outfit the proper way. This look is casual enough for the bar, cleaned up enough for a first date and ready for just about anything in between.
- The High-Top Sneakers: Veja Nova High-Top Sneakers, $140 — Perfectly dependable, fairly priced and visually striking, these classic high-top sneakers are your new go-to pair for the rest of summer.
- The Watch: Huckberry x Timex “Cola” Sport Watch, $189 — Add a pop of color to this easygoing-yet-rugged outfit by way of this stunning and affordably priced sport watch. Huckberry and Timex have made the perfect casual summer watch, to say the least.
- The Belt: Billykirk No. 117 Mechanic’s Belt, $105 — No pair of the best chinos for men should go without having one of the best men’s leather belts alongside of it, right? It makes perfect sense, and Billykirk makes the belt you need now.
- The Socks: Mack Weldon AIRKNITx Ankle Socks, $22 — Don’t overlook your socks just because it’s summer. These ankle socks from the maker of some of the best socks for men will wear very nicely with your classic high-top sneakers.
- The Sunglasses: Maui Jim Castles Sunglasses, $300 — When your #OOTD revolves around a Flint and Tinder henley and a rugged denim jacket. it’s best to keep your accessories on-point. Luckily, these iconic aviator sunglasses are just what the (style) doctor ordered.
- The Everyday Carry: Satchel and Page Counselor Bag, $525 — You’re upgrading your everyday carry in a major way with this exceptionally handsome, well-made and durable catch-all bag. It’s an heirloom leather bag you can use for work or play, and you’ll have it for years to come.
Does this #OOTD have what you need to shake up your summer style? I sure hope it does, because to me, all the proper pieces are there if you want innovative, fun seasonal style. It all starts, of course, with a can’t-miss, perfectly rugged denim jacket that’s just lightweight enough to be worn from day to night. Throw it on casually atop your Flint and Tinder henley, and you’ve got a look that’s ready for all your casual summer pursuits. Next up? A pair of the best men’s chinos under $100, just the right blend of affordability and style. Luckily for all of us, Huckberry and Timex have teamed up on a watch that’ll look great without breaking the bank. too. One of the best men’s leather belts from Billykirk is a must-buy, no matter the situation. And to keep you comfortably on your feet, you should step into a pair of some of the best socks for men before you lace up your Veja high-top sneakers. Top it all off with a pair of classic Maui Jim sunglasses, then grab an heirloom leather bag to haul your daily carry. You’ve just found your new favorite summer ensemble, so be sure to shop accordingly. Stay cool and stay stylish!