Editor’s note: Expect these posts once a week on Fridays — consider this a jumpstart on reading for your weekend downtime. Expect a mix of style and non-style content. For more entries, click here.
As we get a bit closer toward the true start of fall here on The Style Guide, it seems to feel less and less like fall itself — at least in Manhattan and Brooklyn, temperature-wise. Is anybody else experiencing this same problem? I’m quite ready for sweater and jacket weather after a long (yet enjoyable) summer 0f T-shirts and blazers. On a personal front, it’s been quite busy during my day job planning an exceptionally exciting Fall 2015 campaign launch for Timberland — if you find yourself in NYC next Friday and fancy enjoying some free beer and whiskey, plus a concert, RSVP to the event here. In the meantime, you can expect your regularly scheduled programming. And of course — the weekly Friday Read as detailed below. Enjoy!
- Popular fan site James Bond Lifestyle (yes, that’s a thing), shares all the details you’d ever need to know regarding the incredible Crockett & Jones footwear in SPECTRE — and man, are those shoes stunning.
- In the event you’re a fan of a different color of boot on your feet, the always on-point crew at Dappered shows you how to pair brown dress shoes and grey pants.
- And did you catch this yet? To celebrate its 1,000th issue (whoa!), Esquire revealed its list of legendary men (and 1 woman), whom the publication is calling Esquire Legends – it’s very, very neat stuff across a spectrum of personalities.
- Long Read of the Week: This piece is absolutely more style-oriented than other articles that have held down this spot in the past, but it’s no less worth a read; it’s part history lesson, part style exploration examining an incredible timepiece via the folks at Gear Patrol.
Still feel the need to read some more menswear content this weekend?
- Familiarize yourself with the absurdly beautiful and incredibly well-crafted American Highway Collection (featuring gear from four great American brands) via my latest VOUCH Mag story.
- Put a few new items in your shopping cart for fall — domestically focused American Trench crafts all its socks (and outerwear) from excellent materials, as I also learned this week for my newest GearHungry post — definitely a brand worth supporting.
Lastly, thanks again to each of you for reading this site, and for participating in initiatives like this past week’s Reader Giveaway — it’s very much appreciated!