Editor’s note: Expect these posts once a week on Fridays — consider this a jumpstart on reading for your weekend downtime. Expect a mix of style and non-style content. For more entries, click here.
How has your week been? It’s certainly been a packed week up and down the East coast, from last weekend’s trip to Washington, D.C. to a busy week of planning for a press preview at my day job. And that rolled through to the very cool event pictured at the top of the page — the launch of a special pop-up shop in NYC celebrating the 70th anniversary of Sebago , the iconic maker of a lot of very summer-friendly footwear. A big thanks to the team for the invite, too! It was certainly a treat to check out some upcoming Fall styles (think moc toe chukkas with crepe soles and classic brown leather loafers), and I also enjoyed getting a look at the brand’s assortment of Spring product, too. In fact, it’ll be sticking around ’til August, so if you’re in NYC over the summer, I’d suggest a visit (it’s at 254 Elizabeth Street in the city). And if you don’t yet have a pair of leather loafers for spring in your arsenal, give these Sebago loafers a try! It’s always nice to be able to sip on some nice craft brews (in this case from Sebago Brewing, as well) while checking out menswear. Am I right, or am I right? At any rate, we’ve got you well-covered on other matters of style as well, from this week’s earlier Style Guide #OOTD on how to style a polo for spring, to the shorts you need for summer. And if that’s too much to buy at once, allow me to suggest our regularly scheduled Friday programming below — catch up on all things #menswear, and look for a Style Pick of the Week entry tomorrow. Have a great Friday!
- A seemingly weekly favorite for inclusion in these pieces, Get Kempt covers your summer style must-haves — how many of these do you have in your wardrobe?
- We turn back to footwear, and specifically sporty spring sneakers — Nike has ambitious plans to double its business while impacting the environment half as much; how is that possible? The industry insiders at Footwear News have the scoop.
So this isn’t a style feature, but as a huge Harry Potter fan, it seems especially relevant — GQ.com tells us about a group of guys who, well, skydived from a plane to get in a game of real, live, airborn Quidditch.
- Style Notes of the Week: We’ve got two noteworthy releases on the docket — if you’re a fan of eyecatching eyewear and cool collaborations, the team at KOMONO (makers of the Winston Herringbone Watch as featured on this site) has paired up with electronic music festival Tomorrowland to launch a sunglasses collab. Is there a pair of frames more suited to warm weather and outdoor tunes? And, the folks at GREATS — makers of some of this site’s favorite sneakers — have teamed up with Robin Hood, the largest poverty-fighting organization in New York City — to release a sneaker that’s eye-catching, colorful and sold for charity (every penny goes to Robin Hood). Not a bad effort at all!
Need more men’s style content in your life?
- It was a busy week of writing outside of The Style Guide — check out some of my favorite brands as featured in my Spring Style Essentials post over at GearMoose, and be sure to take a gander at five ways to wear leather loafers over at Effortless Gent; that was a fun post to write, and I hope you enjoy!
- Lastly, lest you think we’re finished, the team at Taylor Stitch just partnered with Mission Workshop to release a line of technical, stylish essentials that are up for pre-funding on the Taylor Stitch site — it was fun to cover that collab for The Manual!
With all that writing in the books, I’m certainly looking forward to a relaxing spring weekend. Catch up on what I’m wearing over on Instagram, if you so choose. And stay stylish!