Editor’s note: Expect these posts once a week on Fridays — consider this a jumpstart on reading for your weekend downtime. Expect a mix of style and non-style content. For more entries, click here.
It’s quite tough to believe it’s already Friday around these parts — it genuinely seems like New York Fashion Week: Men’s just wrapped, and it also feels as if I was just in Michigan to attend my good friend Matt’s wedding (in style, of course). However, quick weekend trips tend to call for a quick turnaround time, and a busy week thereafter. Did you get the chance to catch all the content we pumped out this week at The Style Guide? To recap — that includes a new suggestion for styling twill pants, brought to you by Savane. Here’s a hint: Take the brand’s Premium Flex Twill Pant and match them up with other dependable style staples; seriously, it’s all there. Or perhaps you’re in the mood to do some shopping? We’ve got you covered there, too — grab one of the best men’s dive watches via this site’s latest Online Shopping Picks post. And lastly, let’s look ahead to the weekend — I’m quite excited to check out the first-ever Panorama festival this Saturday in NYC. It’s a cultural mash-up of art, technology and music, and that means some interesting exhibits, delicious food and drink and a bevy of great tunes from stellar artists — namely, personal favorites like The National, Sufjan Stevens and Oh Wonder, capped off by a heck of a headliner in Kendrick Lamar. Of course, I’m very much looking forward to getting back to Randall’s Island, site of this year’s Governors Ball music festival, and bringing along some great #menswear for the ride. You can check out my Instagram for a full rundown of the day’s festivities in real time, and you can also follow along on Twitter. In the meantime, let’s plug in and look back on the week in #menswear.
- Speaking of that lauded hashtag, Fashion Beans covers eight men’s street style legends to know — like, right now. It’s a great list, packed with plenty of style inspiration for anyone interested in men’s style.
- If you’ve got a couple grand to drop, take a look at the newest watch from Piaget, the super-sharp and crisp Piaget Polo S watch — it’s the pricier answer to the best men’s dive watches covered here.
- If you need a new pair of jeans (and who doesn’t?), take a look at the very cool, very retro and yet very of-the-moment denim just launched by Levi’s — the Levi’s 505C is an update on an iconic, yet under-the-radar, style worn by rock stars and pop culture icons alike for decades. The good news for you is that the style comes in both a fresh light wash and a classic dark wash, among other options. And if I didn’t know any better, I’d tell you to keep your eyes peeled on Instagram this weekend for some music festival content surrounding these jeans (wink, wink).
- And speaking of brands that sit at the unique intersection of music and heritage — lovers of viral tunes are now set with a plethora of constantly updated global indie music, new from Radio Kangol. It’s an effort launched this week by the global headwear & lifestyle brand Kangol, and it uses a well-curated, deep series of intelligent-minded music labels to stream tracks that run the gamut from hip-hop to reggae to dance. It’s all in line with the brand’s connections to the music industry and its place on the heads of style and hip-hop icons alike — give it a listen here.
Last but not least….
- Herschel Supply is teaming up with creative platform BHW to launch a series of ApexKnit backpacks that make use of a densely woven, high-tensile yarn to provide a hint of stretch and performance in the brand’s classic backpack silhouette; these backpacks are sleek, city-ready and commuter-friendly.
- Speaking of great backpacks — grab one (or five) stylish backpacks for summer travel via my latest post on The Manual — it won’t let you down, promise!