Notice that as the calendar creeps ever closer to Labor Day, we’re just as focused as ever on men’s style essentials that can take you from August on into September and October with ease. So, whether you wear today’s #OOTD for some upcoming Labor Day travel, a casual weekend coffee run or even a lunch date or your last summer BBQ, I’d say you’re going to be in great shape. For instance: That blend of casual, versatile style gets all the easier when you start with the Taylor Sitch Everyday Chambray Shirt — definitely one of the best men’s chambray shirts out there — and then build your outfit around it. From cool, unique slim brown denim to versatile high-top sneakers to some seriously stylish men’s sunglasses from Sunski, this ensemble is packed with essentials that simply nail the best of the best when it comes to affordable men’s style. Yes indeed, there’s nothing too fancy about this outfit, and that’s a great thing. As we’ve said time and again at The Style Guide, that means you can wear pieces like the Taylor Stitch Everyday Chambray Shirt to grab coffee or groceries, or a round of beers at your next rock concert. Who can argue with that? Good luck getting ready for the end of summer, and we’ll see you out there.
- The Classic Chambray Shirt: Taylor Stitch California Shirt in Blue Everyday Chambray, $118 — With roots in workwear and a strong foundation in casual style, the rugged chambray shirt is the perfect pick-me-up to move you from late summer into early fall. Taylor Stitch scores again with the Everyday Chambray.
- The Tee: WP Standard Slub Tee, $28 — You’ve likely seen this shirt on my Instagram, perhaps? Soft fabric, an excellent fit and a cool curved hem — perfect for layering under the Everyday Chambray Shirt.
- The Denim: Bulletprufe Tobacco Brown Denim, $98 — Wearing dark indigo denim can get a little monotonous at times, as much as we all love it. The uniquely colored Tobacco Brown Denim from Bulletprufe changes all of that.
- The Sneakers: TOMS TRVL LITE High Sneakers, $84.95 — Don’t think TOMS can pull off sneakers? Think again — the TRVL LITE Sneakers really are quite comfortable, now available in a fall-friendly High version.
- The Belt & Money Clip: Bespoke Post Worn Box, $55 — Might as well get two handy menswear essentials in one well-priced package with the Bespoke Post Worn Box, right? A sleek money clip and a stylish leather belt both belong on your person this season.
- The Watch: Hemel HFT20 Watch, $340 — For an outfit that features a hefty chambray shirt, you’re going to want a rugged leather watch that packs some punch — the Hemel HFT20 Watch is that watch.
- The Sunglasses: Sunski Yubas Sunglasses, $55 — Blending affordability and a stylish, eye-catching frame shape (pun intended), the Sunski Yubas Sunglasses strike the right balance between casual & classic.
- The Hat: WP Ebbets Field Cap, $45 — Go with a vintage-inspired ballcap from the stellar partnership between WP Standard and Ebbets Field Flannels to top this whole thing off — it’s just plain cool.
So, is your head simply spinning with all the possibilities this stylish, versatile #OOTD brings to the table? From a backyard BBQ to Labor Day travel to an outdoor festival, I can think of plenty of places where an essential like the Taylor Sitch Everyday Chambray Shirt could take you. When you pair a rugged chambray shirt with a simple, yet visually interesting, slub tee, you’ve got the makings of an outfit that’s going to look at home at a brewery or your favorite coffee shop, easily. Add in Tobacco Brown Denim from Bulletprufe in a nicely tailored fit, and this ensemble is just different enough from what you might wear on the daily (notice the lack of dark blue indigo denim!). High-top sneakers from TOMS in a neutral shade of grey nod nicely toward fall, while subtle accessories like stylish socks from Anonymousism add a bit of flair to your bottom half (just a bit, though!). The standout Hemel HFT20 Watch is an absurdly beautiful everyday timepiece, as ready for travel as it is for your next backyard party — the same can be said about the cool vibes you get from the Sunski Yubas Sunglasses and the neat WP Ebbets Field Cap. If you haven’t picked up on it yet, this #OOTD can really go just about anywhere when it comes to casual early fall adventures.
So, where are you going to take this #OOTD? What might you change about it? Oh, and thanks for reading!