In today’s #OOTD, we’re going to get right to the business of updating you on how to wear your Oxford shirt this season. Make no mistake, as I’ve talked about since the start of this blog (way back in 2013!), the Oxford shirt is assuredly a men’s style essential — and it’s one that can be worn in more ways than you think. Especially when it’s a stylish Oxford shirt like the Flint and Tinder Garment-Dyed Oxford, Starting with the best building blocks — not just cheap building blocks — can be crucial to putting together the right outfit, and the Flint and Tinder Garment-Dyed Oxford is among the best out there. When you match it up with a more casual piece — like a French terry crewneck sweatshirt — and then mix that combo up with the Taylor Stitch Democratic Chinos, you’re certainly setting yourself up for success. Throw in some casual-yet-refined leather boots, and you’ve got darn near the perfect fall #OOTD if you ask me. It’s all about thinking outside the box, and then picking out the right pieces for the occasion. If you ask me, the excellent Nisolo Andres Boots — as seen below — are worthy of their own ensemble to begin with. But, we’re sticking with the Flint and Tinder Garment-Dyed Oxford to start this one off. See for yourself how it all comes together below. Thanks for reading!
- The Classic Oxford: Flint and Tinder Garment-Dyed Oxford, $98 — Can’t go wrong with a crisp Oxford shirt, especially one in a soft-washed fabric. Utterly classic.
- The Sweatshirt: Flint and Tinder Reversible French Terry Sweatshirt, $78 — The crewneck sweater is a men’s style essential for a reason — it’s rugged and sporty, yet easy to dress up just a bit.
- The Chinos: Taylor Stitch Democratic Chinos in British Khaki, $98 — The key with this ensemble? Taking the classic pieces you know and love — like the Taylor Stitch Democratic Chinos — and mixing them together. \
- The Boots: Nisolo Andres All-Weather Boots in Brandy, $288 — A handsome, low-profile pair of boots that perform in the weather and work at the office. Nisolo has outdone themselves here.
- The Belt: Levi’s Aberdeen Belt, $38 — Pleasingly rugged, well-made and built to last — in short, a very nice complement to your Nisolo Andres Boots.
- The Socks: Little River Sock Mill Textured Herringbone Socks, $22 — stylish socksAs I always, always say … never underestimate the power of .
- The Watch: Form-Function-Form Horween Leather Chronograph, $118.98 — The rare watch that toes the line between casual and dressed up — perfectly rugged and stylish.
- The Briefs: Levi’s 200 Series Two-Pack Boxer Briefs, $34.50 — Did you know Levi’s made nice boxer briefs? I certainly didn’t.
And now, we’re putting the lid on this particular ensemble. As I’ve talked about time and again, menswear can be all the more fun if you decide to take your favorite men’s style essentials — like a classic Oxford shirt — and mix and match them just a little bit (like with a rugged crewneck sweatshirt, for instance), you’re going to get some great results. The same can surely be said with a piece like the timeless Taylor Stitch Democratic Chinos, which work very well with, of course, the Nisolo Andres Boots. Those boots just so happen to be weather-ready, so they can take a bit of wear and tear. They add a bit of edge to the whole ensemble, too. The same can be said for the Form-Function-Form Horween Leather Chronograph, a dependable and highly affordable leather watch that works in laidback and business casual situations. Throw in the Levi’s Aberdeen Belt and accessories like unique Levi’s Boxer Briefs, and your #OOTD is nearly all set. It’s just up to you to decide where to wear it, right? And this is surely an ensemble that works at the office as well as it does at happy hour. You’ve just got to make it work for you. Again, building blocks like a classic Oxford shirt work more than well in plenty of style situations. Would you change anything about this look? Let me know on Twitter.