Do you have a favorite pair of sneakers in your closet? A pair of stylish sneakers to consistently turn toward in a multitude of spring style situations? Weekend brunch, brewery visits, hours-long park strolls — and of course, days at the office aplenty — can all be tackled with the stylish spring sneakers (and the #OOTD) in question. It’s all about versatility and comfort when it comes to Beckett Simonon’s Morgen Trainers, and they’re complemented handsomely by a rugged chore jacket (via Everlane), a stylish denim shirt from Billy Reid and slim chinos (sold by Huckberry, of course). The building blocks here can really take you anywhere, with the ability to be mixed and matched with ease. The resulting #OOTD can go to the office on a casual Friday, or out to your favorite brewery, and essentially anywhere in between.
And the beauty of this #OOTD is that you can remove layers as needed through shifting spring weather. Specifically, the Everlane Chore Jacket (a new personal favorite) can even double as a cool blazer replacement if need be. And again, it all starts from the ground up with your new favorite pair of sneakers from Beckett Simonon. Cheers to spring!
- The Sneakers: Beckett Simonon Morgen Trainers, $149 (On Sale) — Yes indeed, these vintage trainers from Beckett Simonon are the perfect pair of sneakers for spring. They’re as premium as a stylish pair of dress shoes, all the better to wear this spring with laidback, easygoing style essentials.
- The Rugged Jacket: Everlane Chore Jacket, $88 — Now, this rugged chore jacket isn’t too heavy, it isn’t too light, and it’s certainly not stuffy — it’s just plain cool, especially in a deep shade of Pine. It’s also made with radical transparency in mind.
- The Denim Shirt: Billy Reid Denim Shirt, $195 — We’re adding another layer in the form of a stylish denim shirt from Billy Reid, because why not? This rugged denim shirt is finished with antique hardware and a classic look.
- The Henley: Flint and Tinder Slub Waffle Henley, $62 — Is there ever a bad time to wear a rugged henley from Flint and Tinder? Especially when it can provide some warmth on breezy spring days? The answer is … nope!
- The Spring Chinos: Flint and Tinder Cool Chinos, $98 — The team at Flint and Tinder has once again come through with a stylish pair of slim chinos, this time in an essential shade of Khaki. Perfect for complementing your Beckett Simonon sneakers.
- The Watch: Carpenter Watches G4 Brooklyn Gent, $724.98 — You’re investing in the best of the best with this stylish leather watch from Carpenter Watches. It’s just refined enough to offset the more rugged Everlane chore jacket + Flint and Tinder henley combo.
- The Classic Leather Belt: Tanner Goods Standard Belt, $105 — We’re making the case for investing in one of the best leather belts out there, one that you can wear every day. Tanner Goods makes it — the Standard Belt is a new workhorse.
- The Socks: Anonymousism Indigo Rib Crew Socks, $32 — Sneakers and chinos that show some ankle call for stylish socks that fit the bill. Anonymousism certainly makes some of the best socks out there, that much I know to be true.
- The EDC Essential: Taylor Stitch Minimalist Billfold, $98 — Make sure your wallet isn’t afterthought — this Taylor Stitch wallet takes care of that nicely.
We’ve told you in the past that the best ensembles start from the ground up, right? In this case, that involves Beckett Simonon’s Morgen Trainers, a heck of a stylish, comfortable and premium pair of sneakers that tie each and every outfit together handsomely. In this case, the outfit only gets better and better the more you look at it (I think so, at least). That is to say, a rugged chore jacket from Everlane adds versatile utility and style, especially when layered over both a stylish denim shirt from Billy Reid and a rugged henley from Flint and Tinder. Those three layers should have you ready for whatever comes your way this spring, from a light breeze to a sudden drop in temperature. And in matters of style, this entire combo works, too — it’s fit for a night at a gastropub or a round of beers at a brewery, or a day at the office. It’s also tied together by slim chinos that sit nicely atop the vintage trainers from Beckett Simonon— you see, it’s all tied together. It should also go without saying that the right #OOTD is also finished off with the right accessories, including a stylish leather watch and an equally stylish leather belt (both investment-level pieces in their own right). Richly crafted indigo socks from Anonymousism provide a dash of comfort and style, too. When worn all together, this #OOTD is darn near unbeatable — and again, it all comes back down to the stylish sneakers you’ve got on your feet. Happy spring, folks!