The days of the old polo shirt you used to wear are over — at least, I think they should be. That’s where we’re going with today’s look, led by perhaps the best new polo on the market. Said polo shirt is a performance polo that also incorporates serious style points via Western Rise — as you’ll see below — but let’s get into the “Why” and “How”‘ first, shall we? Now, to be clear: Our #OOTD series has covered quite a bit of ground already this summer, from how to style your short-sleeve shirt to how to wear a rugged henley. On that note, consider this latest entry a bit of a step up in dressy, refined style for the summer, to say the least. The right polo shirt can go sharp or casual, and we’ll mix in just a bit of both today. Let’s say you’re very, very slowly but surely heading back to the office, or more likely … just looking to mix up your at-home style a bit. If you’ve grown tired of sneakers and even slim light wash jeans, then today’s look is going to suit you quite nicely. We’ll pair your Western Rise polo with stylish five-pocket pants, and we’ll go a step further with a pair of the best leather loafers. As to the rest of the ensemble, I think you’ll find it’s crisp, razor-sharp and ready to shake up your summer. Long story short: If you’ve been wondering how to wear a polo this summer, allow me to point you in the right direction. And if you like this look, feel free to let me know on Twitter.
- The Stylish Summer Polo: Western Rise Limitless Merino Polo Shirt, $99 — Can the best men’s polo be both stylish and performance-minded? In the case of this merino polo from Western Rise, the answer is a resounding “Yes” — it’s the best polo for a hot summer day, easily.
- The Pants: Buck Mason Vintage Canvas 5-Pocket Pants, $125 — Think of these stylish five-pocket pants as a switch-up from your favorite chinos. Buck Mason simply knows how to make the best men’s pants for any season, summer included. Roll ’em up at the ankle and show off your leather loafers.
- The Loafers: Crockett and Jones Sydney City Loafers, $635 — Hear me out for a second: These are some investment-level loafers as sold by Todd Snyder, but that makes them all the better to pair with this #OOTD. They’re easily the best men’s loafers you’ll buy for years to come.
- The Watch: Timex Q Watch, $179 — Let’s go a bit casual and cool with this retro-inspired watch from the good folks at Timex. It’s assuredly your new favorite watch for summer … right?
- The Belt: Billykirk No. 354 Braided Belt in Brown, $99 — The right way to accessorize any #OOTD has to include one of the best leather belts for men — a la this casual braided belt from Billykirk, ideal for summer style.
- The Sunglasses: Raen Optics Wiley Sunglasses, $195 — In looking at the rest of this ensemble, it’s clear to me that you need some of the best men’s sunglasses to tie everything together — in that case, look no further than the Raen Optics Wiley Sunglasses.
- The Everyday Carry: Bellroy Tech Folio, $339 — Working from home? Starting to head back to the office? Use this stylish leather tech folio from the team at Bellroy to keep everything organized.
- The Audio Essential: Sennheiser Momentum Over-Ear Headphones, $400 — As we mentioned above, maybe you’re heading into the office and need to play your favorite tunes. Maybe you just want to bask in a rich audio experience from the comfort of your home. Either way, you need some of the best wireless headphones out there.
Alright, that wasn’t too bad … was it? When you shake things up right from the get-go with a merino polo from Western Rise, you’re naturally stepping up your game from other polo shirts. It’s going to keep you cool and refreshed on a hot summer’s day, as are the rest of your key ensemble picks. Take those Crockett and Jones loafers, for instance. They just so happen to be stylish and refined loafers that work on a sweltering day by keeping you cool (margarita not included). When you team them up with some Buck Mason pants in a durable-yet-lightweight canvas, the look gets all the better. And your new favorite watch — from Timex, naturally — helps keep you on schedule in seriously cool retro style. As ever, the details make the difference here. Because you’re wearing stylish brown leather loafers, you need one of the best leather belts for men to properly accessorize the whole ensemble, and Billykirk gets it more than right. To stay organized at home or at work, something like a stylish leather tech folio from Bellroy is going to get the job done (pun intended). I’m also a fan of the Raen Optics Wiley Sunglasses — they’re a bit dressy and a bit casual, and all classic. Last but certainly not least, a pair of the best wireless headphones delivers a rich, truly excellent listening experience, whether plugged into your home system or your laptop. I think we covered all the bases, did we not? Feel free to let me know your thoughts on Twitter or follow me on Instagram for more style content. Thanks for reading!