There are times when a guy’s gotta do what a guy’s gotta do — be it picking up to-go beers or freshly ground coffee from your local shop, loading up the car for a day trip upstate or hanging out and grilling this summer … for all those times, you need the best men’s style essentials. Gear that’s not going to let you down, gear that’s going to look great … no matter what. Enter today’s #OOTD covering the best chambray shirt — and how to wear it. We’ll dive into what exactly makes one of the best chambray shirts for men (Hint: It’s gotta be from Buck Mason), plus the best accessories to go alongside it. Now, I know what you’re (maybe) thinking. “A chambray shirt?? In the middle of August? The horror!” … OK, I’m kidding. But if ever you were skeptical about trying out a chambray shirt, rest assured that the Buck Mason chambray shirt in question today is lightweight, easy to layer and plenty stylish all the way through (it helps that we’ll layer it over one of your favorite T-shirts for breezy seasonal style). And if you’re the type of guy who simply can’t put away his selvedge denim, I’ve got just the solution for you: A pair of lightweight stretch selvedge jeans from none other than Todd Snyder. Of course, it’ll get all the better thanks to the best chukka boots, too. But, I don’t want to spoil the look for you. Keep scrolling to check out the full #OOTD, then chime in on Twitter if you plan to pick up any of these rugged summer gear picks. Onward, folks!
- The Classic Shirt: Buck Mason Chambray Work Shirt, $105 — Even in the heat of the summer, you’d be surprised how handy the best chambray shirt can be. Buck Mason has things perfected with this rugged chambray work shirt, this is true.
- The T-Shirt: Flint and Tinder Slub Pocket Tee, $29 — Yes indeed, I’m recommending you throw on one of the best men’s T-shirts beneath your new favorite shirt. Talk about classic summer style and breezy layering, ehh?
- The Denim: Todd Snyder Slim-Fit Japanese Stretch Selvedge Jeans in Black Rinse, $198 — Folks, if you don’t have a pair of the best black jeans for men, it’s time to change that. In fact, you can wear these stylish black jeans all summer and on into fall — Todd Snyder just does it the right way.
- The Classic Chukka Boots: Red Wing Heritage Weekender Chukka Boots, $219 — This #OOTD calls for the best rugged gear for men, like these Red Wing Heritage chukka boots. They’re lightweight, flexible and ready for anything — that makes ’em some of the best men’s chukka boots, in my opinion.
- The Watch: Timex Q Timex Reissue Watch, $179 — Are you getting sick of reading about this classic Timex watch yet? I hope not, because the price and the styling makes it one of the best affordable watches for men. Agreed? Agreed.
- The Belt: Billykirk No. 354 Braided Leather Belt, $99 — You know what pairs surprisingly well with your favorite pair of black denim? Why, a refined, stylish brown leather belt from Billykirk, of course. Think of black and tan like an unexpected but cool style combination. The best men’s accessories go a long way, folks.
- The Sunglasses: Huckberry Weekenders Sunglasses, $45 — The best men’s sunglasses are the right way to cap off this ensemble — it helps that Huckberry just so happens to be making some of the most affordable sunglasses for men, too.
- The Summer Essential: GrowlerWerks uKeg Go, $99 — I know things are quite a bit different for all of us out there, but that doesn’t mean you should deny yourself a quick jaunt to your favorite brewery to fill up this durable growler from GrowlerWerks. Heck, take this cool beer growler to the park for a socially distanced picnic afterward.
Hopefully, you’ve got a few more ideas on how to wear a chambray shirt this summer. The key here involves layering it up the right way, and accessorizing it with the best men’s gear for warm weather. Luckily, Buck Mason makes it easy to do that successfully — this is quite simply one of the best men’s chambray shirts I’ve seen, and I think you’ll feel the same way. You’ve got on-point summer style aplenty here thanks to the best white T-shirt for guys, to go along with stylish stretch selvedge jeans from one of your favorite menswear designers (or at least, one of my favorites!). The look gets all the better thanks to rugged chukka boots from Red Wing Heritage — which also happen to be surprisingly lightweight — and then it’s all finished off in fine form with a vintage-inspired watch from the good folks at Timex. How can it get better? That’s easy, folks. A stylish brown leather belt from Billykirk keeps your black selvedge jeans in place and looks great doing it, while a pair of the most affordable sunglasses for men belongs on your face for the rest of summer. Last but not least, one of the coolest growlers for beer helps you transport your favorite beer and keep it cold for hours of summer enjoyment. It’s all about casual, rugged style, and I don’t think it can get any better than, well, right now. But again, it all starts with one of the best men’s chambray shirts — choose wisely, shop accordingly, then get out there this summer.