Editor’s note: Expect these posts once a week on Fridays — consider this a jumpstart on reading for your weekend downtime. Expect a mix of style and non-style content. For more entries, click here.
While I’ve really been looking forward to warm-weather style for quite a while now (get a look at my spring style wish list, for starters), I’ve been lucky enough to get an even earlier dose of warm weather this weekend. Why is that, you ask? Well, I’m lucky enough to be back in Florida visiting my family this weekend and celebrating my dad’s birthday. Now, the fine print is that part of our weekend plans — seeing the legendary AC/DC — were derailed when the band announced they were rescheduling 10 tour dates. Definitely a big blow to this lifetime fan. At any rate, it really still is lovely to be here — we’ve got some excellent back-up plans lined up, including some much-needed beach time and a trip to the excellent Point Ybel Brewing Company. You can look for a full trip recap post coming on Monday — for now though, let’s get on with our weekly Friday Read and all the #menswear news that’s fit to type.
- Perhaps most importantly, we’ve been seeing more and more news hit about the new and improved Abercrombie & Fitch — the new line is definitely worth a look, and Maxim offered its take, too. (Editor’s note: There’s more from the folks at Abercrombie & Fitch coming in tomorrow’s Style Pick of the Week).
- Go shopping (now, if possible) through the well-curated digital shelves at Need Supply Co. with the team at Style Girlfriend — you won’t be disappointed.
- Prep for the forthcoming rain with key spring outerwear picks from Get Kempt — it’ll be here before you know it.
- Long Read of the Week: Is fashion weird? Should it be weird? Is it art? And lastly… why does it matter? This introspective piece from the Washington Post (centered around women’s fashion, admittedly) brings new meaning to thinking of runway shows as art, and attempts to answer those questions quite well.
Get ready for the weekend with a dash more men’s style:
- JackThreads (of NYC roots) and Publish Brand (of SoCal style fame) just launched a limited-edition capsule collection that includes a nice spring jacket — catch up on the full details in my newest GearMoose post.
- Speaking of JackThreads … do you have a versatile navy mac coat yet? Get on it — I just wrote about the brand’s newest spring outerwear launch for GearHungry.