If you’ve been wondering how to wear jeans when it’s hot out — as in, how to wear jeans for summer, right this very instant — look no further. Today’s #OOTD has all the best men’s gear you need, and we’ll get you through this ensemble without a bead of sweat. No promises, but this look is geared toward lightweight casual style, to say the least. It all starts with finding a pair of the best men’s jeans — preferably in a light wash and with fabric that’s got some stretch. Enter the Flint and Tinder Stretch Selvage Jeans, a favorite of the blog (and possibly soon to be your new favorite denim?). These aren’t your typical pair of jeans — they’re lightweight and comfortable, no matter what. From there, it’s all about keeping things breezy and cool, so we’ll introduce you to one of the coolest short-sleeve shirts for summer, and then offset things even further with a classic white T-shirt and casual canvas sneakers. You see, there’s a right way and a wrong way to about wearing jeans for summer, and while I love a great pair of selvedge denim as much as the next guy, you’ve simply got to switch it up from time to time. Now that you’ve got your favorite pair of jeans on lock (or you will soon enough, anyways), where to rock this ensemble? Things are slowly but surely opening up, so perhaps it’s worth rocking the best men’s jeans for summer as you visit your favorite brewery’s spread-out patio, but if you’re more comfortable hanging at home instead, that’s totally cool. In fact, consider this #OOTD ready for bonfires and grilling sessions aplenty. The rest of this summer-friendly look can be found below — as ever, let me know what you think of these men’s gear picks on Twitter.
- The Denim: Flint and Tinder Stretch Selvage Jeans, $148 — How does one go about finding the best pair of jeans for summer? Or heck, the best jeans for any time the thermostat climbs (into September and beyond)? These Flint and Tinder jeans, made from stretch selvage in a pleasing light wash, are a great start.
- The Stylish Shirt: Buck Mason Vintage Double-Weave Short-Sleeve Shirt, $85 — Offset your stretch selvedge jeans with one of the coolest short-sleeve shirts for summer — a rugged workshirt from Buck Mason, especially in a light weave, is breezy, casual & cool.
- The Summer Tee: Flint and Tinder Slub Pocket Tee, $29 — Go with retro and casually cool style by wearing your rugged workshirt unbuttoned atop this classic white T-shirt from Flint and Tinder — one of the best men’s T-shirts never fails, does it?
- The Classic Sneakers: Vans Anaheim Factory Authentic Sneakers, $75 — Was there ever any doubt that you needed classic summer sneakers to go with this #OOTD? These laidback Vans sneakers are as dependable as can be, and they could just be your new favorite sneakers, period.
- The Watch: Timex Q Timex Reissue Watch, $179 — To go with the most affordable summer sneakers, reach for one of the best men’s watches, period. This vintage-inspired watch from Timex simply takes the cake when it comes to the coolest watch to wear right now — in my opinion.
- The Belt: Flint and Tinder 365 Belt, $85 — As with any #OOTD, the best men’s accessories are a must-have — such as the best leather belt for men, correct? Correct. Flint and Tinder does it right.
- The Sunglasses: Raen Optics Dodson Polarized Sunglasses, $175 — Before you go anywhere this summer, a pair of the best sunglasses for men should be on your shopping list — the Raen Optics Dodson Sunglasses could be some of the best sunglasses under $200, easily.
- The Hat: Huckberry Snapback, $30 — To keep the sun off your face in style during your day out and about — or lounging around — reach for one of the best men’s ballcaps. It helps that it comes from Huckberry as the brand continues to expand into even more of the best men’s gear, ehh?
Alright, my friends — we’ve come to the end of another #OOTD (well, nearly the end). How ready are you feeling to rock a pair of the best light wash jeans to close out summer? Fairly ready? Mostly ready? Start out with the right pair (*cough* the Flint and Tinder Stretch Selvage Jeans) and then build your look from there. Remember, breezy and casual is the key, so we’re enlisting the help of a rugged workshirt from Buck Mason, then building the look from there. To wit: A classic white T-shirt from Flint and Tinder offers retro-inspired summer style, while classic summer sneakers a la the Vans Anaheim Factory Authentic Sneakers channel perfectly laidback looks for hanging out in the summer heat (cold beer in hand, of course). Of course, the Q Timex Reissue Watch allows you to stay on time in affordable style while looking great, so be sure to snap up your new favorite watch while you’ve still got the chance. To really keep things going, accessorize with yet another Flint and Tinder piece, this time in the form of the best leather belt for men. Naturally, the heat of the summer is going to call for a pair of stylish shades like the Raen Optics Dodson Sunglasses, so snag those under-$200 sunglasses while you can. And as if Huckberry didn’t already make some of the best gear for men, they’ve now delved into making one of the best men’s ballcaps — make sure this is on your head to close out summer. Once again, this #OOTD is just about as good as it gets — make sure to try out as many of these picks as you can, I’d say. Lastly: Thanks for reading!