Editor’s note: Expect these posts once a week on Fridays — consider this a jumpstart on reading for your weekend downtime. Expect a mix of style and non-style content. For more entries, click here.
I’m closing out this week on The Style Guide (and heading into next week) thinking ever so slightly of the impending arrival of spring. Doesn’t it seem like we were just talking wool blazers and fall sweaters? It’s pretty wild how the style cycle turns — even now, spring arrivals are hitting shelves (to that end, look for a spring style wish list next week). What top picks do you have your eye on for the coming season? Those new purchases seem to go hand-in-hand will looking toward spring travel, too. Rest assured that future posts will definitely cover off on those types of topics. For now, it’s the close of NYC Beer Week here in the city — somewhat unsurprisingly, there’s almost been too many great events to choose from around New York! So that’s definitely something I’m looking forward to this weekend. And as you look ahead to (maybe) cracking open a cold one yourself, I’d recommend you kick back and catch up on what you should be shopping and reading this weekend.
- David Beckham’s work with British brand Kent & Curwen just took another turn — get to know the label’s new creative director here, and get excited for the forthcoming, likely excellent, product.
This is from last week, but still worth a share — the fine team at Get Kempt developed what it’s calling the Sartorial Bill of Rights.
This story seems to be everywhere (or it certainly has been everywhere) in different forms in the past few years — HighSnobiety looks at the rise and fall of American Apparel.
- Long Read of the Week: I just came across this feature as I was writing this post, and was sufficiently sidetracked. It might be from last fall, but Valet took an excellent look into “Ralph Lauren University,” interviewing several of the top-notch designers and creative folks who also worked for Ralph Lauren before launching into successful careers in their own right. It’s fascinating and includes plenty of big names, from John Varvatos to Todd Snyder!
- Lastly — looking to get away out West, and in need of some great gear?
Still on the hunt for what’s new in the men’s style world? Keep looking below.
- I had a ton of fun covering the stunning Taylor Stitch Natural Chromexcel Moto Boots for GearMoose — those could just be your new spring (and summer, and fall, and winter) boots.
- Mott & Bow, purveryors of nicely priced, comfortable denim, just launched its newest set of jeans. They’re built with 35 percent stretch — 35! — and I covered ’em for VOUCH Mag.