Now, we’ve all been there. On certain weekend days, you might be standing at your closet rummaging through your long-sleeve shirts and thinking … “Man, I just want to wear a T-shirt today.” Fear not, because we’ve got that stylish T-shirt on lock for you — and better yet, we’ve got a full guide on how to wear a graphic T-shirt the right way. The graphic tee tends to get a bad rep because of gaudy designs and messages that would fit right in if you were still in middle school, perhaps. That’s just the way it is — but today’s stylish graphic tee is anything but that, as you’ll see. And given that it’s still just early September, this #OOTD is one that you can make work for you — no jacket required (although we’ve still got a rugged chore coat listed as an option below). Yes indeed, the best graphic tees are understated and subtle, not too loud, yet stylish at the same time — and they can be worn to a backyard BBQ or a night at your favorite dive bar in equal measure. The best graphic tees are a solid conversation starter with some rugged style appeal, too — today’s selection comes courtesy of Huckberry, and you’ll find a classic tee for every taste on the brand’s site. For now though, let’s dive in — if ever you’ve wondered how to wear a graphic T-shirt in a way that’s cool and stylish, not laughable, start with this #OOTD. Like what you see? Let me know on Twitter!
- The Stylish Graphic Tee: The Landmark Project Mt. Hood Tee, $30 — For just $30, you’re getting a surprisingly stylish graphic tee with a design that’s not too loud — it’s just plain cool, even if you’re not from the Pacific Northwest. Consider this the retro T-shirt you didn’t know you needed.
- The Jacket: Wellen Stretch Chore Coat, $128 — Now, because it’s still September, you might not need this jacket — but in the event you do, this rugged chore coat is a versatile and stylish layer.
- The Denim: Wellen Organic Jeans, $88 — Finding a pair of stylish blue jeans made the right way can be tricky — but this pair of classic slim denim from Wellen takes the cake. Understated and subtly stylish, they’re a new early fall style essential.
- The Boots: Blundstone Super 550 Boots, $165.98 — Because it’s early fall, these rugged leather boots from Blundstone could come in handier than you think — the perfectly casual pair to wear to your favorite brewery, at that.
- The Watch: Jack Mason Field Watch, $225 — When it comes to what’s on your wrist with this #OOTD, understated, classic-yet-rugged style is the way to go — this handsome Jack Mason Field Watch brings a bit of a throwback feel here.
- The Belt: Tanner Goods Classic Belt, $79.98 — Every guy — yes, you included — needs a stylish leather belt, especially when wearing a pair of stylish blue jeans. Tanner Goods has outdone themselves here.
- The Cologne: Duke Cannon Proper Cologne, Two-Pack for $40 — Yes, cologne. But not that body spray of days gone by. No sir, Duke Cannon’s Proper Cologne offers a range of masculine-yet-versatile scents for your next casual outing.
- The Everyday Bag: Filson Ballistic Nylon Duffel Backpack, $245 — Now, you could be heading down the street for a coffee or across town to grab a six-pack, but you’ll be surprised how handy and durable the Filson Ballistic Nylon Duffel Backpack can be. Consider it an everyday carry essential.
OK, who’s on board with how to wear a stylish graphic tee now, ehh? The right graphic tee, like the one above, has an eyecatching design that doesn’t overdo it — the same can be said for the rest of this outfit, featuring an equally classic pair of classic slim denim from Wellen. Those are the building blocks for an #OOTD that works well on a Saturday night or a casual Sunday in the fall, especially when teamed up with a rugged chore coat (if needed), and of course, rugged leather boots from Blundstone — they provide functionality and style points in spades. But as I always say, you’d be remiss not to wear a stylish watch for a bit of standout style, and the Jack Mason Field Watch is that timepiece precisely. When paired with a stylish leather belt, you’re keeping your accessories on point — no matter where you go. It’s touches like those ones that are going to take this outfit from good to great, because as we all know … the little details matter, even when wearing a T-shirt! Use Duke Cannon’s Proper Cologne to give yourself a nice lift grooming-wise — you’re going to love the scent and the price. And finally, no matter what’s on your to-do list, the tough style of the Filson Ballistic Nylon Duffel Backpack is going to come in mighty handy for a casual weekend. Alright, that’s all I’ve got for today. To see how I’m wearing my T-shirts this fall, head to my Instagram.