Editor’s note: Expect these posts once a week on Fridays — consider this a jumpstart on reading for your weekend downtime. Expect a mix of style and non-style content. For more entries, click here.
Is anyone else feeling ready for the weekend? Tell you what, this #menswear writer sure is. Unlike last week’s Masters 2016-centric Friday Read, we’re back to basics here on The Style Guide. This post in particular caps off a week filled with the best suede chukkas to buy now, plus a SprezzaBox giveaway –a HUGE thanks to all who participated! Outside Style Guide HQ, things were hectic but incredibly rewarding, as myself and my colleagues at Coyne PR headed to the great city of Boston to run a brand event on behalf of Timberland (catch a behind-the-scenes look at the action on Twitter). Although our time in Boston was too brief, our evening at the excellent Row34 was well-spent as we dined with some of Boston’s best style bloggers and media. With such a quick trip in the books, I definitely need to get back!
If you have any recommendations as to other travel stops in Boston, let me know about it at The Style Guide Facebook page! As to other happenings during the week, I was excited to be able to check out the upcoming Autumn/Winter 2016 line of Troubadour — are you familiar with these guys? I was more than pleased with my first look at the brand’s excellent, modern leather weekender bags, backpacks and tote bags, some crafted from rich leather and others using a blend of leather and waxed canvas. We’re talking pieces that are clean, minimal and yet handsomely done. Look for more on The Manual soon! With all of that being said, it’s about time we head into the weekend — yes? Whether you’re heading to Coachella or knocking back a few at a patio bar crawl, the Friday Read has you covered.
- Tommy Hilfiger takes you back in time with a collection inspired by the 9os — are you a fan of the brand? Or do they get a thumbs-down? For lightwash denim that might be more your speed, click here.
- This post ran late last month, but we’re digging it back up for posterity, because you don’t need that many steps to upgrade your style this season. In fact, Men’s Health covers off on three tips to upgrade your spring style.
- And as this weekend is the first of two out west, let’s get to it. Get Kempt tells you exactly what you should be wearing to Coachella — and it’s a heck of a lot more stylish compared to a regular festival kit.
Not done reading about #menswear? Continue below.
- As summer travel looms, we should all be focused on the little style details that make or break an ensemble — including your dopp kit. I covered the best dopp kits for men over at GearMoose, and had a heck of a time doing it!
- We’re revisiting an older post here — the folks at Minimum Squared, makers of simple, effective and stylish wallets for guys, just received the prestigious Red Dot Award: Product Design, celebrating the company’s perfectly minimal, refined and soundly designed wallets. Read more on Minimum Squared at VOUCH Mag!