So, you think you’ve got your transitional spring style all figured out, ehh? Maybe you’ve even picked up a rugged henley for the new season from a trusted brand like Flint and Tinder. But how to wear it? That’s why we’re here today, folks. Something as classic as a slub waffle henley can be easily overlooked when it comes to your rotation of spring style essentials — especially if it’s subtly stylish and doesn’t call attention to itself. That’s why we’re amping things up today with a new way to wear your henley for spring. Make no mistake, this isn’t an ensemble you would wear if you want tips on how to dress for the office — this outfit is perfectly rugged and ready for a spring weekend. Again, it all starts with a versatile henley and builds from there, including unique layering pieces like an indigo denim trucker jacket from Levi’s, tough workwear pants and naturally, rugged leather boots. I think you’ll find the overall effect is pleasing and unique, without straying too far into fashion-forward territory. So, let’s dive into the rest below, shall we?
- The Henley: Flint and Tinder Slub Waffle Henley, $62 — The rugged henley in question is perhaps the best henley to buy now — the slub waffle texture makes it perfect for seasonal layering.
- The Jacket: Levi’s Made & Crafted Type II Worn Trucker, $198 — The best way to welcome a new season? With an entirely unique, all-new, classic trucker jacket from Levi’s.
- The Pants: Flint and Tinder Mill Pants, $98 — The choice of pants here is up to you, but rugged workwear pants are both on-trend and functional, as ready for a spring hike as a visit to your favorite brewery.
- The Boots: Thorogood Dodgeville Boots, $375 — Now, we’re not out of the woods just yet on the weather front — there’s still plenty of time to wear rugged leather boots like the Thorogood Dodgeville Boots.
- The Socks: Topo Designs Town Socks, $18 — Turn to the brand that makes your favorite outdoor gear to get your next pair of socks — subtly stylish, functional and ready for anything.
- The Watch: Carpenter Watches G4 Brooklyn Gent, $895 — We’re fully blending functional, rugged style with refinement via this stylish leather watch from Carpenter Watches.
- The Travel Bag: Bexar Goods Co. Waxed Canvas Weekender, $359.98 — The thing about wearing a rugged henley and a classic trucker jacket is that this #OOTD works just fine for the road — grab this heritage-quality weekender accordingly.
- The Grooming Essential: Bespoke Post Groomed Box, $45 — Get all your men’s grooming essentials in one easy place when you sign up for Bespoke Post.
When you start out your #OOTD with a men’s style essential as reliable and classic as the timeless men’s henley, you’re guaranteed to like the results (at least, that’s what I think). The henley really is a go-anywhere piece. All that being said, we’re not exactly reinventing the wheel here … and there’s nothing wrong with that. Teaming up your henley with a classic trucker jacket from Levi’s is but another way to freshen things up. The same can be said for the choice to throw on rugged workwear pants instead of slim tan chinos or charcoal five-pocket pants (although both would work well here, too). And on the footwear front, I’m always a proponent of rugged leather boots — the boots pictured above make this ensemble one that’s fit for a weekend burger bar outing or a casual Sunday brunch (or an early morning coffee run, or even a concert … you get the picture). What’s more, reaching for a stylish leather watch from Carpenter Watches upgrades this outfit even further, taking it from, well, just good … to great.
Accessories that get the job done, from the Topo Designs Town Socks to the durable Bexar Goods weekender bag, are critical in any outfit, much less a versatile pairing like this one. Top it all off and look your best with men’s grooming essentials from Bespoke Post, then call it a day. Or, actually, don’t. You’ve got plenty of places to go wearing your new favorite henley.