We’re here on the cusp of another weekend — and the start of another Friday Read — here at ye olde Style Guide. Can you believe June is flying by? And we’ve got a big weekend coming up, too — it’s Father’s Day, after all! But more on that in a bit. It’s certainly been a momentous summer here already, what with my weekend trip to see The Killers in New Jersey, preceded by a joyous weekend of live music at Governors Ball 2017 and then a Memorial Day weekend trip to Florida before that.
And if you can believe it, I’m on the road yet again this weekend — my travels are taking me South to lovely (and sweltering) Charleston for a family wedding. I’ll of course be doing my best to dress in style for a summer wedding — that means wearable, breathable staples like a classic navy blazer and stylish leather loafers, for starters. In addition to getting dolled up for the occasion, I’m also looking forward to catching up with family and spending some quality time with my own dad. On that front, I do hope your Father’s Day shopping is going (or went) smoothly — and if you’re in need of some last-minute Father’s Day gifts, I’d highly suggest you check out the gift guide we pulled together last week. And if you’re still in search of a few other ideas? I’ve assembled my favorite quick #menswear picks below. Enjoy the weekend, enjoy tomorrow’s Style Pick of the Week and enjoy Father’s Day! I’ll be recapping my trip to Charleston on Monday, and you can follow along on Instagram the whole way through.
As I said above, time is ticking away very quickly indeed to buy that great Father’s Day gift — right? If you’ve got a dad who loves either stylish sneakers or the finer things in life (a handsome pen, anyone?), shop these quick hits below.
- From CrossPens: The Peerless TrackR Quartz Blue Ballpoint Pen is a smooth-writing, sharp-looking pen that’ll never get lost, thanks to its technologically savvy tracking capability.
- From Filson: Father’s Day Gift GuideWhile the brand excels at making many types of rugged, durable and hard-wearing gear, I’m a big fan of several picks within the brand’s , geared toward an outdoors-loving dad.
- From TOMS: Didn’t think TOMS could make something fit for the sneaker-loving dad? Think again, because the TOMS Del Rey Sneaker features a simple, wearable silhouette that your dad might — no, will — enjoy pairing with stylish light wash denim this summer.
- Does it feel too early to be thinking about rugged style for fall? The thermostat might read full-on summer in your neck of the woods, but Taylor Stitch knows that it’ll be time to crunch leaves underfoot and head out on weekend coffee dates galore before you know it. That’s why you should certainly look into ordering the Taylor Stitch Chore Jacket from the Taylor Stitch Good Acre Collection — I covered it recently for GearMoose, and it’s very worthy of your time.
- In the way of other Father’s Day gifts, if you find yourself in the Los Angeles area, you’d do well to stop by the Sportie LA shop — the shop has teamed up with “Cars 3” to showcase and sell a series of collaborative merchandise from Style Guide favorites like Richer Poorer. The colors and styles are inspired by the film itself, making it potentially perfect for a little family outing (and if you go, you’ll find the shop at 7763 Melrose Ave. in Los Angeles).
- And before we let you go for the weekend, I’m going to remind you one last time about two stylish shopping hints for ya. Namely, we’re mixing menswear, home goods and accessories in my Style Guide Father’s Day gift guide — it’ll help tremendously if you haven’t given it a read! Lastly, the great team at Style Girlfriend — a site you should definitely be reading — tells you via Cool Material exactly what your girlfriend wants you to wear. Helpful tips, indeed!
Thanks for reading!