Well, my friends. The time is upon us. Perhaps you’ve got a summer wedding to attend, or an outdoor soiree, or an evening of cocktails — or just a busy day at the office, packed with meetings. If you’re looking for an #OOTD that really can tackle all of those situations, my guide on how to wear a blazer can help you get the job done the right way. It’s all about finding one of the best summer jackets for men, and then making the rest of your look work for you. After all, it’s sweltering out there, but you still want to look crisp and put-together. That’s precisely where the ultra-lightweight Buck Mason Carry-On Jacket comes into play — it’s breezy, yet polished, and you can wear it with other similarly lightweight style essentials.
And those style essentials, my friends, are perfectly geared towards the heat of the season ahead. We’re talking a lightweight performance polo made with breathability in mind, plus a pair of the best chinos for men and it only gets better (and cooler) from there. No matter what the day throws at you, this #OOTD can help you get where you need to go and look great doing it. Let’s see what’s on the way, shall we?
- The Blazer: Buck Mason Carry-On Jacket, $150 — This lightweight cotton jacket is a perfectly breezy summer blazer you can wear anywhere that calls for one of the best summer jackets for men.
- The Polo: Rhoback Blue Sky Performance Polo, $79 — Reach for a moisture-wicking performance polo to stay cool and dry — in style — this summer. It’s one of the best polos to wear with a blazer, I declare.
- The Chinos: Mott and Bow Charles Twill Chinos, $99 — The key with keeping this #OOTD polished and yet casual is a pair of the best chinos for men. You can wear these for whatever the weekend or work week calls for, from meetings to happy hour to that Friday getaway.
- The Loafers: Astorflex Patnoflex Loafers, $185 — These refined leather loafers are as dressy and yet versatile as it gets. Wear them as often as possible this season.
- The Watch: Shinola Runwell Automatic Watch, $1,095 — Splurge on this investment-level watch from Shinola, the kind you can wear to big-time meetings, summer weddings and refined cocktail hours aplenty.
- The Sunglasses: Maui Jim Kawika Sunglasses, $300 — Here they are. Pick up your new favorite pair of sunglasses, then proceed to wear them with this blazer all summer long.
- The Grooming Essential: The Art Of Shaving Peppermint Facial Scrub, $25 — Give your skin a lift and remove dirt & grime from your face all the while with this Art Of Shaving facial scrub. It’s a true men’s grooming essential to whip your mug into shape, whatever your day calls for.
- The Everyday Carry: Bellroy A5 Work Folio, $199 — If the scenario in question is more casual, leave this leather folio at home. But if you’re putting this #OOTD to good use throughout a busy work day, well, you’re in luck — it’s an everyday carry essential you really do need.
Alright, if you’re feeling a bit more ready to face the world in style now this season, you’re assuredly not alone. It all starts out with one of the best summer jackets for men, the proper way to stay cool and breezy while looking great. Throw on that jacket over a stylish performance polo, and then pair that reliably lightweight combo with a pair of the best chinos for men. It all gets even better when you step out with a proper pair of shoes: The Astorflex Patnoflex Loafers really drive home the excellent, easygoing-yet-sharp style of this summer #OOTD.
I’m also a big fan of the right accessories, including your new favorite pair of sunglasses and an investment-level watch from Shinola. It all sounds pretty great, does it not? Get your face in shape for big meetings and outdoor weddings with a premium Art Of Shaving facial scrub, and then outfit your EDC properly with a true everyday carry essential from Bellroy. What do you think of this #OOTD? Let me know in the comments below — happy shopping!