It’s with one of the best men’s bomber jackets at the forefront that we’ll kick off today’s #OOTD, and not a moment too soon for the demands of winter weather and winter layering. In fact, the Bonobos Quilted Bomber Jacket shown below checks all the right boxes interms of versatility, wearability and warmth, and it’s exactly the kind of jacket you might not have known you needed this winter. We’ve talked about how to wear a bomber jacket for fall, to be sure, but this look updates things for winter just enough. Even with such a stylish and versatile jacket like this one, the supporting cast is still crucial, and that’s why you’ll see timeless picks like a classic chambray shirt and a rugged merino sweater, all the better for blending winter warmth with comfort and style.
As you’ll soon see, this is a go-anywhere #OOTD that you can mix and match at will — switch out the jacket and wear the sweater atop the chambray shirt on its own, or lose the sweater and wear the Bonobos Quilted Bomber Jacket atop your classic chambray shirt. With men’s performance pants offering up plenty of stretch, and with rugged leather boots along for the ride, consider this look one you can wear to the office or on the road with ease. It’s all yours for the taking, so layer up in style with my guide on how to wear a bomber jacket this season.
- The Bomber Jacket: Bonobos Quilted Bomber Jacket, $148 — This quilted bomber jacket is rugged and yet easily wearable with business casual style staples, and the quilted construction should keep you plenty warm.
- The Sweater: Todd Snyder Italian Merino Waffle Crew Sweater, $198 — Choose carefully when it comes to layering with one of the best men’s sweaters out there, an expertly crafted piece to wear all season long.
- The Shirt: Proof Strong Shirt, $128 — This rugged, classic chambray shirt is the kind you’ll want to wear as often as possible, and it plays quite well off your Todd Snyder merino sweater.
- The Pants: Western Rise Evolution Pants, $149 — For the guy who values comfort and style on the go, it’s hard to top these water and stain-resistant travel pants from Western Rise, made with stretch fabric and featuring plenty of durability.
- The Boots: FRYE Murray Chukka Boots, $298 — Keep the classic vibes going with these rugged leather chukka boots that you can wear with anything (but especially your Western Rise pants).
- The Watch: Centric Instruments Lightwell Field Watch Mark III, $200 — This crisp, clean, classic leather watch is both dressy and casual at the same time, making it ideal to wear alongside your Bonobos bomber jacket.
- The Belt: Billykirk No. 288 Center Bar Belt, $99 — Make sure your accessories are on-point with one of the best leather belts for men, the perfect way to round out this ensemble.
- The Grooming Essentials: Huron Starter Kit, $20 — Score an easy-to-use trio of the best men’s grooming picks for a new year, and keep your face and skin in fine form despite challenging winter weather. Better still, you can subscribe to the brand to get deliveries as often as you like.
For essential winter style and warmth, it really is all about getting the details right, and that’s particularly true when it comes to how to wear a bomber jacket for men this winter. Of course, the Bonobos Quilted Bomber Jacket is quite the way to kick off an #OOTD, what with its tough quilted construction and casual styling potential. On top of that, it’s highly versatile — witness the fact that you can layer a Todd Snyder merino sweater atop a classic chambray shirt for the kind of ensemble that works on the office, out on the road or layered up to enjoy a beer at an outdoor beer garden. To really drive home the “wear anywhere” nature of this look and the Bonobos Quilted Bomber Jacket, a pair of men’s performance pants toe the line between road-ready and office-friendly.
The same can be said for your rugged leather chukka boots, all the better to get around with style and dependable good looks in mind. Close things out the proper way with the right accessories, including a classic leather watch for sharp, easily wearable style. Naturally, one of the best leather belts for men helps finish off this outfit quite nicely, and a the best men’s grooming picks makes it easy to keep your skin in great shape this winter. Put all the pieces together properly, layer up in style and get out there this winter. And if you really like this look and want to talk more menswear, head to Twitter and give me a follow.