Our ongoing #OOTD series rolls on, and in perfect summer style, too. “But wait a second … boots? In the summer? How does that work?” Ahh, well, my friends … it works something like the below ensemble. A man of taste has a lot of ground to cover these days, from knowing how to wear a short-sleeve shirt to how to rock chukka boots this season. That being said, it’s fun to switch things up from straightforward summer classics every now and again as these months wear on. Today’s pick — stylish Chelsea boots from Astorflex — checks all the right boxes. Today’s #OOTD just gets it right (in my humble opinion) on a number of fronts. Again, lightweight boots are the perfect way to build a look from the ground up, accented by an equally lightweight summer shirt and easygoing chinos. I won’t spoil the whole look, though — you’ll need to keep reading for the rest. But in this day and age, where is the below look taking you? For starters, it’s going to work quite alright to hang out around the house, the bonfire or the back patio (that’s what the stylish home speaker seen below is for). Aside from that, things are quite a bit different beyond your front door. I’d say this is the kind of go-to summer style you can wear to work from home, and you can assuredly take this look for a spin as you pick up to-go cocktails or coffee — hey, it’s the new normal, right? Sharp style is an everyday thing, and shaking things up from your reliable summer style essentials even slightly can prove useful and enjoyable. As ever, you’ve got to start things out from, quite literally, the ground up. So, let’s check out how to wear your boots this summer — enjoy, folks.
- The Chelsea Boots: Astorflex Bitflex Chelsea Boots, $195 — Yes, that’s right — these are your new favorite boots for summer. Lightweight yet durable, and easy to slide right on, stylish Chelsea boots in a nubuck leather (exclusive to Huckberry) are just part of this surprisingly cool way to wear boots right now.
- The Shirt: Flint and Tinder Organic Double Gauze Shirt, $98 — The best pairing with stylish Chelsea boots this season? It could just be a stylish lightweight shirt, like this organic cotton shirt from my pals at Flint and Tinder. It’s as breezy as can be for summer.
- The Chinos: Wellen Easy Chinos, $88 — In keeping with the theme of this #OOTD, let’s step out in lightweight chinos in a tailored-yet-easygoing fit. These organic cotton chinos also feature that crucial drawstring waistband for plenty of comfort.
- The Socks: American Trench Retro Stripe Socks, $12.50 — To be sure, summer doesn’t mean you let your stylish socks fall by the wayside. American Trench has taken care of that for you with these classic men’s socks in a bold, sharp retro stripe.
- The Watch: Todd Snyder x Timex Liquor Store Watch in Olive, $249 — If you’ve read the blog over the years, you know that Todd Snyder x Timex continually knocks it out of the park. This stylish casual watch, an homage to the original J. Crew Liquor Store that Snyder revamped, is simply your new favorite watch.
- The Everyday Carry: Bellroy A5 Work Folio, $199 — To me, this look just means business. And whether that’s working from home (in style, of course), or gradually heading back into the office, you need the right everyday carry essentials. To wit, you need this handsome Bellroy work folio.
- The Audio Essential: Tivoli Audio Music System Home, $749 — No matter where you play your favorite tunes, having the best audio equipment out there is, well, essential. Tivoli Audio has excelled once again at crafting this stylish home speaker.
- The Sunglasses: Roka Barton Sunglasses, $155 — Hey, let’s take this show “on the road,” so to speak. You’re on the back deck, hanging out (or working), your Tivoli Audio speaker is playing, and you’re wearing … these stylish summer sunglasses. Easy as that.
OK, folks. Who’s onboard with wearing your new favorite boots for summer as often as possible for the rest of the season? When you take a look at the men’s style essentials they’re teamed up with, it becomes all the more feasible to consider. Take an organic cotton shirt from Flint and Tinder to keep things casual and breezy, then keep that pace moving right along with organic cotton chinos in an easygoing fit and fabric (plus, a cool-as-heck Navy color). Your new favorite chinos are nothing without some classic men’s socks to accessorize alongside those lightweight Chelsea boots, so make sure you pick up a pair of those, too. Elsewhere, you’re putting plenty of style points up on the virtual scoreboard with an iconic Todd Snyder x Timex watch — it’s seriously one of the coolest watches for guys that your author has seen in some time. Because this look is suited for work or play, and for drawing up ideas at home or heading into the office via social distancing, a Bellroy work folio is going to help you keep your everyday carry essentials in check. And particularly if you’re at home (and especially if you happen to be entertaining), the best audio equipment can enliven any space — that’s where Tivoli Audio gets it done. Certainly, some stylish summer sunglasses tie this whole look together in a way that says you’re cool and stylish, but know how to buckle down when the time comes. After all, isn’t that what every #OOTD should do?