Editor’s note: Expect these posts once a week on Fridays — consider this a jumpstart on reading for your weekend downtime. Expect a mix of style and non-style content. For more entries, click here.
So, we’re back again with another Friday Read — and we’ve got a lot of ground to cover, folks! It’s the first Friday Read of March, and that means the Style Guide’s annual Spring Style Wish List is incoming — look for it early next week. It also means we’re wrapping a busy week in the #menswear world, including my latest travel style post covering my trip to New Haven to see Young the Giant! It was an outstanding show, with beautiful lights, great energy and an outstanding set list. That’s a band you gotta see, and soon. If your next show, or the weekend ahead, involves hitting the road as well, grab a stylish leather weekender for the occasion. And if your weekend involves more relaxation than travel, you’d do well to pick up the Flint and Tinder Garment-Dyed Sweatpants, a recent Style Pick entry and as tailored and stylish a pair of sweats as you’ll find. Oh, and as we await the transition to spring, don’t forget to stock up on essential men’s grooming products to keep your skin in shape before that next date. See, I said we had a lot of ground to cover. Of course, there’s plenty of business to take care of NYC this weekend, too — it’s New York City Beer Week, for one, and if there’s a more tightly concentrated metropolis of standout beer, I’ve yet to test it out. For now, let’s recap a few new men’s style releases and some choice news items. Check back tomorrow for the latest Style Pick of the Week, and stay stylish in the meantime!
- They might already be sold out, but Footwear News is recommending you hit up eBay to track down the just-released J. Crew Nike Killshot; if you’re feeling adventurous, definitely let me know how it goes.
- Speaking of new spring sneakers, you should certainly check out the Brooks Heritage Grand Slam Collection, a newly launched, retro-inspired footwear offering featuring two crisp silhouettes and style that’ll be wearable with everything from a classic pocket tee to a slim chambray shirt.
- It’s not often you see ’em recommend affordable menswear staples, but GQ rounds up the best under-$300 menswear gear to buy for spring:
- Getting around with functionality and style in mind can be a tricky endeavor — that’s why the new Timbuk2 spring collection (as I covered recently for The Manual) could be right up your alley. Check it out!
- I don’t pass up the chance to write about Taylor Stitch very often — seriously. I covered the Taylor Stitch Merino Henley, and why you need it for classic spring style, for GearMoose.
OK, folks — let’s wrap up this Friday and try some new brews … see you out there!